Modding Discussion OLD--POST IN NEW THREAD--Mod List, Modding Guides, and General Modding Discussion

Discussion in 'Mods' started by cantorsdust, Feb 27, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kit Ballard

Kit Ballard Tentacle Wrangler

typing "out_melee" will give you a run down of what you can "player_addmelee"

• Galebourn

Galebourn Scruffy Nerf-Herder

• mafi_93

mafi_93 Subatomic Cosmonaut

I repack the dialogue of Alex, make a backup and put my new one in the correct folden. The game show me the older text and i dnt know why

• Drogean

Drogean Scruffy Nerf-Herder

sorry im reading the direct x package may not officially be compatible with Windows 10. Maybe try running it in compatability mode via right clicking and going to properties

• Drogean

Drogean Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Hi @Draivin

Im using the latest 1.2.7 on the front page and still getting these PNG transparency issues
          [​IMG] [​IMG]

Attached the files im working with.

So im putting them in the same folder and typing:

xnb_node pack pennynew PennyNew.xnb , it packs with no errors, but ingame it looks like the image above with artifacts all over the animations

EDIT: as a workaround i got it working with XNB builder but it requires you to download the entire Visual C# program AND Xna Game studio just to run it which is a lot of work

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 6, 2016
          • lilipea

lilipea Phantasmal Quasar

I made a mod to brighten the player character's hair sprites for a request, I figured I'd repost it here for more visibility if anyone else wants to use it.

Here are some before/after examples:
            [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

DL Link

The file needs to be placed in the Stardew Valley\Content\Characters\Farmer folder.

Last edited: Mar 9, 2016
              Kit Ballard likes this.
            • Rupert484

Rupert484 Title Not Found

Give this a try and lemme know if it still has transparency issues.

Attached Files:

• Alan Minder

Alan Minder Starship Captain

Aaaah now I don't know which look I like most for her... She's so obviously the one I plan on marrying but I can't get to pick between three different designs... geez...

• etsmsj

etsmsj Phantasmal Quasar

• Rupert484

Is there someone we can ask to make this thread a sticky? Sometimes it sinks down a bit on the page and I think it's useful enough for everyone to deserve a pinned spot on the top.

Clovilah, Xerxius and Drogean like this.
                  • Xerxius

Xerxius Seal Broken

I second this.

Also, a lot of requests are popping up. Maybe a master request list would be in order? Then it'd just be to stick a "done" on a request and add it to the mod master list.
                    That way, if modders want some inspiration, they can just look at the request list before the request gets buried in the mod pages. c:

Acrimonia, Clovilah and Drogean like this.
                    • Mr. Teatime

Mr. Teatime Poptop Tamer

Where are the dog and horse head inventory icons stored again? I want to edit them to match my new pets.

• Clovilah

Clovilah Void-Bound Voyager

Does this also cover thunderstorms? They don't happen very often and I really love how they sound.

• Ghostly Fox

Ghostly Fox Heliosphere

So, might not be the place but... Once everything is figured out API wise, where modders don't have to mess with the game files themselves, would a mod where your partner can propose to you be possible? Obviously not asking for one now, because it would be a lot of work and clash badly, I assume, but in the (hopefully not) far-flung future?

• Yunix

Yunix Big Damn Hero

I need your help people! I am close to cry! I am now trying to "install/add" the SMAPI for over 3hours but it won't work at all. No matter if i add it manually or with SDVMM, it keeps giving me on startup this:

[03:13:39] Initializing SDV Assembly...
                            [03:13:39] Injecting New SDV Version...
                            [03:13:39] Starting SDV...
                            [03:13:39] Game failed to start: System.TypeLoadException: Der Typ "System.Runtime.CompilerServices.ExtensionAttribute" in der Assembly "mscorlib, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089" konnte nicht geladen werden.
                            bei System.ModuleHandle.ResolveType(RuntimeModule module, Int32 typeToken, IntPtr* typeInstArgs, Int32 typeInstCount, IntPtr* methodInstArgs, Int32 methodInstCount, ObjectHandleOnStack type)
                            bei System.ModuleHandle.ResolveTypeHandleInternal(RuntimeModule module, Int32 typeToken, RuntimeTypeHandle[] typeInstantiationContext, RuntimeTypeHandle[] methodInstantiationContext)
                            bei System.Reflection.RuntimeModule.ResolveType(Int32 metadataToken, Type[] genericTypeArguments, Type[] genericMethodArguments)
                            bei System.Reflection.CustomAttribute.FilterCustomAttributeRecord(CustomAttributeRecord caRecord, MetadataImport scope, Assembly& lastAptcaOkAssembly, RuntimeModule decoratedModule, MetadataToken decoratedToken, RuntimeType attributeFilterType, Boolean mustBeInheritable, Object[] attributes, IList derivedAttributes, RuntimeType& attributeType, IRuntimeMethodInfo& ctor, Boolean& ctorHasParameters, Boolean& isVarArg)
                            bei System.Reflection.CustomAttribute.GetCustomAttributes(RuntimeModule decoratedModule, Int32 decoratedMetadataToken, Int32 pcaCount, RuntimeType attributeFilterType, Boolean mustBeInheritable, IList derivedAttributes, Boolean isDecoratedTargetSecurityTransparent)
                            bei System.Reflection.CustomAttribute.GetCustomAttributes(RuntimeAssembly assembly, RuntimeType caType)
                            bei System.Reflection.RuntimeAssembly.GetCustomAttributes(Type attributeType, Boolean inherit)
                            bei Microsoft.Xna.Framework.WindowsGameWindow.GetAssemblyTitle(Assembly assembly)
                            bei Microsoft.Xna.Framework.WindowsGameWindow.GetDefaultTitleName()
                            bei Microsoft.Xna.Framework.WindowsGameWindow..ctor()
                            bei Microsoft.Xna.Framework.WindowsGameHost..ctor(Game game)
                            bei Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.EnsureHost()
                            bei Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game..ctor()
                            bei StardewValley.Game1..ctor()
                            bei StardewModdingAPI.Inheritance.SGame..ctor()
                            bei StardewModdingAPI.Program.RunGame()

I have no idear what that all means (and it took ages to write it down, lol). Can anyone tell me what it wants from me and how i can fix it? All i can understand is that it has problems on starting Stardew Valley, but if i start the game (with or without mods in mod folder) it works fine, just the mods dont work. I have absolutly no idear...
                            I use Windows 7 (64Bit) and play Stardew Valley on Steam.

After google alot i found the problem. Framework Net 4.5 was missing.

Last edited: Mar 6, 2016

901109 Void-Bound Voyager

[​IMG]

why i cant unpack ? help

• Kit Ballard

Kit Ballard Tentacle Wrangler

Please tell me if this works for pink

• Rupert484

You tried to use the cd command to switch to another drive. You need to type in the drive letter and a colon first before you can navigate to the folder with cd.
                                  So for you, it would be
                                  Code:
                                  D:
                                  cd D:\(xnb_node path)
                                  xnb_node.cmd bla bla bla
                                  Also the two arguments xnb_node takes needs file extensions. Say you're unpacking an xnb into a json (let's use test.xnb as an example), then the command would be xnb_node.cmd extract test.xnb test.json. If you don't put in file extensions then it won't work.

• zipy199522

zipy199522 Pangalactic Porcupine

I'll need to check if it's affected somehow, but it only really sets the next day rainy or sunny depending on random number generation. Maybe if I get a free moment this week after updating the guide more I'll add in the functionality.

Clovilah likes this.
                                    • cantorsdust

cantorsdust Existential Complex

Just popping in to say that I'll catch up with updating the thread with the day's mods tomorrow. The community is growing so quickly, it's hard to keep up! A wonderful problem to have.

Xerxius and Acrimonia like this.
                                      Thread Status:
                                      Not open for further replies.