Old and New Lore

Discussion in 'Wiki Discussion' started by Guest0241525, Jun 5, 2016.

1. Guest0241525

Guest0241525 Guest

Currently the Lore article shows us a list of Codex books from the most recent Stable build - that being said, it is bound to get outdated soon, as many of them seemingly won't be present in 1.0. Mixing them together doesn't seem like the greatest solution, either - since that would give us hundreds of discrepancies, and outdated information mixed together with actual reliable material.

What kind of solution would be best suited? I'm thinking about just moving what we have now to 'Old Lore' or 'Early Access Lore', or something akin to that - I think that would be the best way to solve this?

2. Zerukoba

Zerukoba Pangalactic Porcupine

O please do keep the old lore. Runescape have the best Wikia I had ever seen but god forbid if you want to see what an item look like 10 years ago as they simply delete all old information off the face of the web. I think it is a good idea to at least have a single page formatted so you can see all of the old entities. A wikia doesn't just have to be a place for information, it could also be a time capsule if you let it.

3. Misdirected

Misdirected Void-Bound Voyager

I hear what you're saying.
    What's going to happen (I think, unless Katz wants otherwise), is that the old lore will be hit with the {{Removed}} template and purged from any current lists. A new list of depreciated lore will be made and will link to those old pages.

4. Katzeus

Katzeus Chucklefisherman Chucklefish

That's pretty much the plan. I was going to flag all the old lore as 'removed' and remove it from the main lore page. Instead of leaving a separate page for old lore I could just leave the old lore navbox at the bottom of old lore pages.

I definitely don't plan on deleting any of the lore currently up there! It just may get shuffled off the main lore page.