Oh wow....

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Chlorruption, Sep 28, 2016.

1. Haebaragi

Haebaragi Weight of the Sky

My previous plays, I'd save after getting all bachelors equally enamored with me so I could go back to that point and load again when I want to try another one.
    I want to see all the dialogues.

It's the same feeling for divorce--I'd feel a little bad, but after finding out what happens with interactions after, I can just reload a past save.
    I'm an otome game player--I play out all possible routes with all possible ends--even the bad.
    Even so, I will have that one or two character that will be my favorite and that I'm attached to, it's just that I can't not leave an option undone simply because it's a bad end.
    Curiosity and thirst for knowledge and all that. :nod:

• MissKiki

MissKiki Space Penguin Leader

Well guys think about it, with the divorce being implemented it makes the whole 'jealousy' system we currently have in place, make sense.

• Minimanta

Minimanta Spaceman Spiff

Eh, I have Youtube for that. I personally don't need to experience everything as long as I can watch someone else experience it.

That's true! That's definitely trueX3

• Declension

Declension Cosmic Narwhal

Plus guys it's an option you don't have to use it. Excuse me as I'm not attached to pixel people and animals. But I rather have an option to divorce than to start everything over for a different husband/wife

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Minimanta

Minimanta Spaceman Spiff

I'm not saying it shouldn't be an option, I'm just saying it's an option I'm not going to use.

I'm all for options, the more the merrier.

Gold Dragon likes this.
            • Berret

Berret Subatomic Cosmonaut

Never going to use this feature as I keep multiple saves, each with a different spouse and different main character. As a roleplayer I always make a background for my characters, which determines what they do in game, so I don't mind restarting on a different save for another spouse.

But the option is there for people that want it. :)

RaineShadow likes this.
              • justme2

justme2 Contact!

At least in SDV you don't have to break up with one bachelor/ette to romance another -- just give all of them bouquets. I actually did that this playthrough after my friend did that in his playthrough on Twitch (he finally chose Alex mainly because of the backstory -- and my friend isn't gay but loved the fact that you weren't limited to one gender in your marriage choices!).

I figure if I'm going to be making new saves to try all the new farm maps (will probably go with forest first, then mining), I might as well go ahead and romance/marry new characters.

• Chlorruption

Chlorruption Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I was only messing with ya. ;p What's fun is fun, more stuff, more fun. :3

• HenryWW

HenryWW Aquatic Astronaut

Yeah i have this problem where i always overly attach to pixels haha, can't be the bad guy in a game which the choices are mine.

sabrinatw likes this.
                    • Allenb60

Allenb60 Orbital Explorer

Does anyone know what happens to the kids, if you have kids after getting married, do they stick around or just disappear?

• Sabram

Sabram Starship Captain

They'll stick around, but if you want to have kids with your new spouse, there is an option to do something with the other kids.

• Pyrofish

Pyrofish Starship Captain

He had a several month long break before 1.1
                          You don't understand how much i need this my amigo
                          Demetrius is fucking garbage.

why are the two best girls married

• brittpinkie

brittpinkie Void-Bound Voyager

I can't do it. Elliott isn't the most exciting spouse (lol), but I'd rather start a new save game than divorce him. Especially now that we have a child (though I don't think I was ever asked if I wanted to have a baby? I literally just opened up my save game from several months ago and had a baby a few days in).

• MagicallyClueless

MagicallyClueless Master Astronaut

eugh, that better stay a rumor IMO. i have at least 300 problems with robin as a potential marriage option

as for divorce, i absolutely can't and won't do it, even to satisfy my horrible curiosity! i remember seeing low-heart dialogue for spouses and it was HEART WRENCHING. it'd make me horrified to see the divorce dialogue for my spouse ;_;

• Pyrofish

Pyrofish Starship Captain

>not wanting to marry best girl
                                smh my dude

• DaimoMac

DaimoMac Subatomic Cosmonaut

I will not be divorcing any of my partners, I would rather start a new file...which I plan on doing.

• Minimanta

Minimanta Spaceman Spiff

I agree on both parts. Being able to marry Robin would just be... weird.

And yeah, this game can be brutally heartbreaking, I can only imagine how heartbreaking the divorce dialogue is ;.;
                                    I would start a million new saves before I'd get a divorce. My curiosity will be satisfied by Youtube and the wiki eventually.

• Reddestiny921

Reddestiny921 Pangalactic Porcupine

Okay I'm awful, evil, and still bitter so for story purposes considering the way I play my game I feel I absolutely must marry Haley and divorce her for her sister....

• Minimanta

Minimanta Spaceman Spiff

Oh damn, that's ruthless xD
                                        What did poor Haley ever do to you?

And man, I've seen a screenshot of the divorce dialogue now. I just.. I can't.. I wouldn't be able to do it. I just couldn't. It really is heartbreaking ;.;

Reddestiny921 likes this.
                                        • Reddestiny921

Reddestiny921 Pangalactic Porcupine

Well Haley does have everything without having to really contribute I just think she needs to understand what loss is....I'm also extremely evil and giggling over it.