1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Official(ish) Spaceship/Vehicle/Transportation Speculation Thread!

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by uigfnbxs, Feb 22, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. imperishable

imperishable Pangalactic Porcupine

GENIOUS. We NEED this.

2. Attribule

Attribule Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I +1 hoverboards.

They can have weapons attached to the sides in my opinion, just not like, ''heavy'' ones.

3. King Toad

King Toad Cosmic Narwhal

A giant mechanical floating eye for you to ride inside would be something interesting if they included it...

4. vitorsly

vitorsly Phantasmal Quasar

At first I was gonna post that one but it doesn't have a plasma cannon. I think missilies could work too but I prefer plasma cannons.

5. Ryukiroku

Ryukiroku Subatomic Cosmonaut

Gundams with beamswords. That is all.

6. xXSunSlayerXx

xXSunSlayerXx Cosmic Narwhal

2 pages and nobody suggested a jetpack yet? well, i guess its just common sense that it will be included.
    also, /sign to hoverboards and rideable stars

7. Ferroseed

Ferroseed Phantasmal Quasar

Giant hamster ball please. Maybe with spikes around it so I can crush and stab everything at once.

8. Zman12380

Zman12380 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

screw giant mechas (although they are epic) I want a cyborg suit for transportation (and other stuff of course).

Nathoanathan likes this.
  9. Kirein

Kirein Void-Bound Voyager

How about a robotic horse?! I'd looooove to be a space cowboy!

10. Alpha_Squad

Alpha_Squad Cosmic Narwhal

oh yea, the ride armors from MMX and the metal slug and perhaps some of the other tanks from the series that goes by the same name.

11. Gracie

Gracie Scruffy Nerf-Herder

The #1 mode of transportation that my friends and I were dying for in Terraria was a form of teleportation where you can transport yourself quickly to where your friends are. We have a large world we play on regularly, and even after I built an end-to-end subway, it takes over five minutes for a dead or newly arrived teammate to catch up.

The cons of this would be potential abuse and making movement too easy - moving is part of games. And if you die, it makes sense to have some movement you have to groan through. If it were a transport-to-friend system, that also seems to give advantages to multiplayer gaming (assuming they want the game to be solo-able). But at the same time, it's not great for newly arrived characters to have to have to trek over huge distances, and traveling for five minutes to get to one resource is a turn-off.

On an unrelated note, jetpacks would be awesome.

12. Level 8 Mudcrab

Level 8 Mudcrab Void-Bound Voyager

Customisable vehicles, to the point where you can choose the types of, say, weapons and armour would be quite nice. Strip a tank down to try and make it more manuverable, or stick some extra guns on a jeep to make it effective against a specific enemy.

Perhaps a system where you would have to build an teleporter nodes at each destination point? If they were expensive and took a long time to set up, then it wouldn't be that easy to immediately drop one down and get easy transport. Risk of it being destroyed could make it so you would need to place it out of danger, and likely away from the action a little, still requiring some walking.

Nathoanathan likes this.
  13. Space Sphere

Space Sphere Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I want a Hyper Pogo Stick.

Nathoanathan and Ferroseed like this.
  14. Kady

Kady Master Chief

strider like thing...

15. Citizen_Kane

Citizen_Kane Master Chief

I would kill to be able to ride around on one of those.

16. Leotamer

Leotamer Void-Bound Voyager

Then why do most games have movement items?

On-topic, A steampunk hippogriff, Armoured Chimera, Griffon mech, that would be my stable if i could get thoses.

17. Llamabreeder

Llamabreeder Void-Bound Voyager

Mecha-Llamas which spit ACID.

<---Imagine seeing that before you become disintegrated...

Nathoanathan likes this.
  18. Ferroseed

Ferroseed Phantasmal Quasar

The nightmares have begun. :eek:

19. John.

John. Star Wrangler

Its coming...

20. Sammyrocks555

Sammyrocks555 Subatomic Cosmonaut

i want these! :D[​IMG]

or a tank version of this to just go around crushing everything
    [​IMG]