1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Official(ish) Spaceship/Vehicle/Transportation Speculation Thread!

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by uigfnbxs, Feb 22, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. uigfnbxs

uigfnbxs Big Damn Hero

So, you are going to be exploring space in this new game, and how are you going to do that? I wouldn't float through all of that if I were you. On a planet, you want some way to get around. True there is a possible hoverbike, but that's as much as we get.
    It's time to speculate!

Well I would love to see somekind of teleporter so you can easily go from point A to point B without wasting time.
    Also I would like to see some hover shoes, who doesn't want hover shoes really? they would give some more speed and they would let youhover/fly a handful of blocks(or whatever the height unit in this game is )

2. GameGecko

GameGecko Cosmic Narwhal

Hover shoes would be interesting, if they will be in the game i want them to make you hover very low, because i don't like the fact that you can just fly all the way up to the top of the map. But i think the game will have a pretty high map height, because the game is based around space! :3

3. Spam

Spam Void-Bound Voyager

A tank.
    The game has to have a tank.

4. DarkDXZ

DarkDXZ Phantasmal Quasar

You stole my idea of certain feature-related official threads!
    D:<

Ok, just kidding, but...
    I really. Really. Want hoverboards to be added to the game.
    Sure they wouldn't protect you a lot, nor they would be great with any weapons attached to them, either.

But it would be so epic to fly on a damn wheelless skateboard across the planet and yell to all these ground monsters below "Nope!" (while your neck is getting longer)

Nathoanathan and xSpartanLazerx like this.
  5. Iznano4nik

Iznano4nik Big Damn Hero

interesting, how many "official threads" will be open? may be open "official developers socks color thread" ?

6. uigfnbxs

uigfnbxs Big Damn Hero

Oh man, that would be amazing, just imagine riding through the desert shooting cannonballs atomic weaponry at everything.
    Edit: Okay fine , I'll say atomic weaponry instead of Cannonballs. Geez

7. Spam

Spam Void-Bound Voyager

I imagine something like the Mako in Mass Effect 1, you know, that thing could jump. And it had a cannon.

8. DarkDXZ

DarkDXZ Phantasmal Quasar

Pssh!

Who the hell in the era of laser weapons and space travel uses CANNONBALLS?!
    You're thinking too small, sir!

I demand nuclear warheads to be shot out of these babies!

Nathoanathan likes this.
  9. Aldacre

Aldacre Void-Bound Voyager

Just hope you don't hit a pothole.

FelipeChoque likes this.
  10. Cobaltcakes

Cobaltcakes Cosmic Narwhal

Personally, I'd love to ride around in a little golf cart.

xSpartanLazerx likes this.
  11. vitorsly

vitorsly Phantasmal Quasar

I would like to go around in a Metallic raccoon like vehicle with a big plasma cannon in the back. A bit like this butinstead of red it would have idfferent shades of gray and black:
    [​IMG]
    I hope you can see it.

12. BeanusMaximus

BeanusMaximus Astral Cartographer

Magnet shoes... that'd be cool *walks up wall* howdy :D

13. Alpha_Squad

Alpha_Squad Cosmic Narwhal

Spaceships to engage combat in space; as well as, to spacial orbit like the have already stated. Now which spaceships will be using this time around? hmmm....

Nathoanathan likes this.
  14. IseFyre

IseFyre Void-Bound Voyager

Awesome. A Puma from Ratchet & Clank. Might I suggest the Landstalker (looking thing) as well? Heres a pic.

[​IMG]

15. Remnant Drive

Remnant Drive Pangalactic Porcupine

A reference to Halo in the form of a warthog, instead named "Boar".

16. A.N.T.I.

A.N.T.I. Spaceman Spiff

Hoverboards! For when your really board!

Andinicus and xXSunSlayerXx like this.
  17. Brain Maniac

Brain Maniac Industrial Terraformer

talking about the spaceship - i'd LOVE to be able to customize the indoors of the spaceship, however, i think that it is better to buy the items after researching about them rather than crafting them... also, walls should stay like the default, letting you just change the location of items/furniture/surfaces...

18. Science

Science Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Of course I'm going to float around!
    It's the best mode of transportation - even faster than teleportation.

19. Ghostar

Ghostar Steakeater

All I ask for... is a ride able Star (like Kirby)

20. Brain Maniac

Brain Maniac Industrial Terraformer

god yes! that would be... just... PERFECT!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.