Chat Official Chat Thread - The Third

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Jonesy, Jul 27, 2015.

1. Jonesy

Jonesy Sarif's Attack Kangaroo Forum Moderator

A lot can happen in eleven years, especially when it just sounds like a phase she's going through. Don't worry yourself about it.

2. BloodyFingers

BloodyFingers The End of Time

Indeed. I may be a cool uncle, but that's entirely different from being a suitable lover. So I guess we're on the same boat still.

3. HueHuey

HueHuey Parsec Taste Tester

I live in one of the more backward parts of a muslim country, some really great girls that were into me were either strong believers, or they weren't, but have a tyrannic family that is (which sucks doubly).

On top of this, the nicest smartest smoothest most handsome guy i know personally, who got into trouble for being openly atheist, wants to convert for his girlfriend.

Edit: the point being: why do you give up

Last edited: Nov 11, 2016
  4. BloodyFingers

That's not something I wish to discuss in depth here, so let me put it this way:

There is no meaningful difference between a person stuck in the middle of the desert and one stuck in the middle of the ocean. They are both dying of dehydration.

-edit-

argh, sorry. this was supposed to be a celebration! Sorry for the bitterness and good on you Exca! :DD

Last edited: Nov 11, 2016
    HueHuey likes this.
  5. HueHuey

That was just a rhetorical question, to no one in particular.
    Also, your analogy sounds pretty grim. You have your reasons, but i'm not sure that thinking all is lost is the best option.

Anyways, better find another subject.

6. Jonesy

Jonesy Sarif's Attack Kangaroo Forum Moderator

Been reading a bit about Tyranny on TV Tropes. Anyone played it yet, and have thoughts on it?

Having a setting where the bad guy won and you work for him sounds interesting, but as a goody two-shoes I don't know how I'd ultimately go with it.

7. BloodyFingers

Depends.

I don't know about Tyranny, but Overlord did that as well. but, as it turned out, you were not the bad guy, but *a* bad guy. And while not the lesser overall, you weren't the greater evil either. And in Overlord 2 you are pretty much just a rebellious anti-hero when compared to the people you go up against. Kind of like King Logan from Fable 3. An evil tyrant for the sake of preventing an even bigger evil (with mountains of gold extorted from the populace, because money can buy a solution to any problem, even an impending apocalypse caused by cosmic entities, it seems).

So unless you are part of the Evil Empire that is the absolute scourge of the earth, bar none, and everyone besides you and yours would benefit from your demise, then I'd say you could go with "fighting fire with fire".

8. Treadlight

Treadlight Existential Complex

It's the first thing that's ever managed to be a strong enough feeling to get passed my anhedonia, even just this taste of what normal people feel is euphoric for me. X3
    I totally expected it to be one of those gradual things where slowly over time I'd develop feelings for someone and then we'd foster them in hopes they become something greater. Nope! I instantly fell in love, I confessed to her, and she instantly fell in love with me in the same way. Sorry if this sounds mushy, but she really is just perfect for me. (not exaggerating) Now the only real obstacle is that she lives all the way in Australia, but we still enjoy each-other's company over the internet. (e.g. voice chat)

Lodish likes this.
  9. cyberspyXD

cyberspyXD Tiy's Beard

I wouldn't hope for your first two desires. Trump's VP Mike Pence (aka Trump's life insurance) would become the POTUS should those two events came to pass. Things would become infinitely worse what with Pence's promises of funding gay conversion camps possibly becoming a reality, among other things. Trump being a martyr for republicans wouldn't help much either.

The best hope is that other nations step up their game regarding the environment and that Trump doesn't go all in.

10. Litagano Motscoud

Litagano Motscoud Master Astronaut

Meanwhile, I'm just kinda waiting for the right girl to come along to hit it off with

BigEaredKittens likes this.
  11. [​IMG]

12. BloodyFingers

Happy Christday or whatever it is you guys celebrate.

kenmario, Lodish and yclatious like this.
  13. BigEaredKittens

BigEaredKittens Master Astronaut

Eh, some guy invited me to his college BDSM party. Definitely not a trick. Of course not!

14. Surenu

Surenu The End of Time

So, what's for dinner over the holidays? For me it's salmon fillet with spinach-canneloni today and chinese buffet on the 26th, no idea what my folks have planned for tomorrow.

15. Bonabopn

Bonabopn Fluffiest Squirrel

good officially mandated festivity period to you all!

Lodish and Marxon like this.
  16. HueHuey

Except me
    Our mandated festivity period was like 2 months ago and instead of presents we (actually, not us, but most other people here) get sheep
    Then, much like presents, open said sheep to enjoy the contents...

17. Marxon

Marxon Supernova

Meep
    Or hi!

18. Pangaea

Pangaea Forum Moderator

Tonight it's tequila and wine. Tomorrow it's tequila and rum.

And also some food I guess but that's not important.

Surenu and Lodish like this.
  19. Rgbunpro

Rgbunpro Cosmos Killer

Merry Christmas Peoples!

Lodish likes this.
  20. Litagano Motscoud

Litagano Motscoud Master Astronaut

haha what

Marxon likes this.