Chat Official Chat Thread - The Third

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Jonesy, Jul 27, 2015.

1. BloodyFingers

BloodyFingers The End of Time

While we're in the subject of AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA[...]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[Rumours has it that it's one of 'em there prequels or sum'thin and that theys call'im Red Dead Retribution. it also hollers 'bout dem trailers ridin' in soon-like.

And another rumour about Good & Evil 2? Might be a NX exclusive, kind of like that Bayonetta 2 deal.

-edit-
    And the official name for the new Red Dead game is...

Red Dead Redemption 2.
    Damnit Rockstar, you could've put more effort into it. I kind of fancied Red Dead Retribution. Or Red Dead Revengeance. :nurukappa:

That's a small nitpick, though. But as I expected, no PC version announced as of yet.

Last edited: Oct 18, 2016
    Lodish and kenmario like this.
  2. BloodyFingers

Well then:
    [​IMG]

This is the fabled Nintendo NX. It is called Nintendo Switch. And all those leaks were actually true, it is a portable-console hybrid with dettachable controls.

Last edited: Oct 20, 2016
  3. Snow_Blaze

Snow_Blaze Orbital Explorer

What even? All the hype for this?

4. BloodyFingers

Hype? Hmm. As I said elsewhere, I was more curious than excited. After the Wii U fiasco and some other shenanigans by Nintendo, I can't say I saw the hype train passing by. In any case, I won't buy one until Nintendo makes it back to Brazil.

Snow_Blaze likes this.
  5. Snow_Blaze

Well, Ok.

6. Relten

Relten The Waste of Time

Was that Skyrim I saw?

BloodyFingers likes this.
  7. BloodyFingers

uhh, sorry...? :wut:

umm..
    Hey look! Another trailer!
    *runs*

aye. dat 'twas.

kenmario and Relten like this.
  8. Space Hebrew

Space Hebrew Hard-To-Destroy Reptile

I'm waiting to see what games are being pushed out on Switch.
    So far, the publisher list is looking very solid.

Litagano Motscoud likes this.
  9. BloodyFingers

They have some big names there, like Bethesda, EA, Atlus and Activision. But some of the names I saw on the list bailed on the Wii U before. Whether they'll come through in the end this time, is anyone's guess

It's worth noting that the Switch seems to boast a Tegra processor. It's not that powerful compared to the competition yet again, but it's easy to work with. Glad to see Nintendo still doesn't put all their chips on prettier graphics.

Last edited: Oct 20, 2016
  10. Space Hebrew

Space Hebrew Hard-To-Destroy Reptile

Hopefully we can get full details on the Switch sometime soon. Curious to know if it comes with other charger cables or uses the 3DS charger cable. Would suck if it only requires the dock for charging the tablet.

BloodyFingers likes this.
  11. Litagano Motscoud

Litagano Motscoud Master Astronaut

I need this NX Vita.

KookyKeronian likes this.
  12. OnyxAlchemyst no Mokou

OnyxAlchemyst no Mokou Spaceman Spiff

13. kenmario

kenmario Corporate Co-Chair

I've heard rumours that the Switch is region-free, but I can't seem to find a reliable source.

14. BloodyFingers

Region-free or not, it will be obscenely expensive if I have to import it.

15. Bonabopn

Bonabopn Fluffiest Squirrel

16. Snow_Blaze

17. OnyxAlchemyst no Mokou

OnyxAlchemyst no Mokou Spaceman Spiff

I've been hearing it'll be region-free as well, from a source whose leaks have been spot-on so far, so I'm pretty confident it will be so.

18. Snow_Blaze

No idea if I will get the Switch. Yet...

19. Simon Petrikov

Simon Petrikov Ketchup Robot

Mass internet outages are being reported due to a DDoS against Dyn, a major DNS provider.

Websites reported to be down are Spotify, Netflix, Twitter, BF1's servers, and thousands of other sites on Dyn DNS. Its also slowly spreading across the world from the US due to Dyn's servers checking eachother to see if theyre alright, and then shitting the bed.

This is not on the level of some script kiddie, its quite possible that a country like China or Russia is behind this.

Snow_Blaze likes this.
  20. Snow_Blaze

Ok.....