Chat Official Chat Thread - The Third

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Jonesy, Jul 27, 2015.

1. Space Hebrew

Space Hebrew Hard-To-Destroy Reptile

Could be a connection issue. Does your wifi cut in and out sometimes?

Been playing a lot of MH Generations as of late. It feels great to destroy Deadeye Garuga as a prowler.

2. Treadlight

Treadlight Existential Complex

I'm sure many of you are already aware, but apparently someone found that Hillary Clinton's IT guy from when she was Secretary of State publicly asked on Reddit how to scrub email addresses and names from emails for his "VIP's (VERY VIP)" email archives. Paul Corbett was using the username "stonetear" on Reddit. He's since deleted his posts without editing them so Reddit still technically has them in their archives, too.
    Wifi is great, no problems there. It doesn't happen at any consistent times. The first time it happened after I used my gunlances upward stab to aim a shot at a rathalos, the second time was while I was spazzing my dual blades around a great jaggi, and the third time was in the tavern right after the quest finished. I feel really bad for my teammates in those quests, at least I managed to survive to the end of the last one...

3. HueHuey

HueHuey Parsec Taste Tester

This sounds like a competent person.

4. yclatious

yclatious Guest

Ill be honest, I wouldn't mind the place dying, the main thing that kept us all around was supposedly Starbound and it was generally agreed upon it was between bad and not exactly great either, last thing tethering me to the starbound community is this thread, and I barely check it these days.

All Ive been playing is Space Station 13 and fallout 2, neither of which really make much conversation anyhow. If the thread dies, c'est la vie I suppose, not much will be lost.

5. HueHuey

HueHuey Parsec Taste Tester

Unless the community is bad (not the case here) i don't see a reason for people not to stick around
    Sure it's not brimming with life as in the begginings but it's still enjoyable

6. BloodyFingers

BloodyFingers The End of Time

That's not true. Many here didn't even play Starbound or checked the Dev blogs regularly. They came for Starbound, but stayed for the community.

Besides, I am not inactive. I just migrated to another chat thread, seeing how this place became more of a news thread than actual chat.

Treadlight likes this.
  7. Treadlight

Hell, I joined this community almost purely for this very thread. When the thread dies, my friendships gathered here die with it. ;_;

8. Crossfang

Crossfang Supernova

*bump*
    Just a random person passing by.

Marxon likes this.
  9. Bonabopn

Bonabopn Fluffiest Squirrel

*bump*
    i am a specific person passing by

Marxon likes this.
  10. Litagano Motscoud

Litagano Motscoud Master Astronaut

*bump*
    Don't stand in the way, that's rude.

Lodish likes this.
  11. BloodyFingers

Oh man, I had this happen to me on a packed escalator. Motherfucker just stood there, right at the exit. I had to yell at him so he would move.

And he even had the gall to grumble. The fuck else was I supposed to do? I can't stop the escalator from moving forward nor could I walk backwards until he decided which way to go.

12. I still lurk around here silently. Hello folks.~

Litagano Motscoud likes this.
  13. Rgbunpro

Rgbunpro Cosmos Killer

I maybe say something here occasionally, but that's rare. I don't have much to say about current news/MGS V

14. kenmario

kenmario Corporate Co-Chair

Still lurkin' - don't mind me.

15. Bonabopn

Bonabopn Fluffiest Squirrel

*stares at you through binoculars*

16. Space Hebrew

Space Hebrew Hard-To-Destroy Reptile

17. Treadlight

I managed to beat HyperZone today. That game is so basic in what it does, and yet so few have tried to improve on the idea...

18. Litagano Motscoud

Litagano Motscoud Master Astronaut

I still glance back here occasionally

19. BloodyFingers

Have you guys heard about Divinity: Original Sin 2 and Wasteland 3?

They're crowdfunded (D:OS2 is funded and well into development W3 will launch a fig campaign soon), nice cRPGs that allow for multiple players to interact with the world and each other, as well as Single-player.
    -edit-
    The fig thing for Wasteland 3 opened. Here's the vid:

Last edited: Oct 5, 2016
  20. kenmario

kenmario Corporate Co-Chair