Modding Discussion Offering Modpack Unpacking Services

Discussion in 'Starbound Modding' started by Mackinz, Aug 9, 2016.

1. Mackinz

Mackinz The Waste of Time

I have an older copy of Starbound from Glad Giraffe on my computer now, thanks to an acquaintance of mine. As a result, I can unpack modpack files. Several older mods were uploaded in that format and are now un-unpackable using the current Starbound unpacker executable, so I am one of the few who can unpack them. So, if you would like to see an old modpack mod unpacked into raw assets, feel free to reply to this thread and link the mod you would like to see unpack. I will see what I can do.

2. Darkspinesupersonic8

Darkspinesupersonic8 Pangalactic Porcupine

3. Mackinz

Because the asset permissions are so lenient, here's the zip file of the unpacked assets:

Attached Files:

LoPhatKao likes this.
  4. Darkspinesupersonic8

Darkspinesupersonic8 Pangalactic Porcupine

Thank you, Mackinz! ;D

5. maxigregrze

maxigregrze Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Could you please try with this mod? It was packed back in 2014, early june, and never able to unpack it since then. I've lost all backups so if you could unpack it I would be really gratefull.
    Thanks!

6. lazarus78

lazarus78 The Waste of Time

Unfortunatly the mod permissions does not allow it.

"You must get the author's consent before altering/redistributing any assets included in this mod."

7. maxigregrze

The thing is, i'm the mod author, as you can see here and i lost the unpacked assets long ago, that's why i'm asking here if he coukd unpack it;that mean he has my consent to unpack it and post it here.

The | Suit likes this.
  8. TheElderScroller

TheElderScroller Pangalactic Porcupine

Those sentenced exist to be ignored... For real, who cares about this kind of info?

Removing credits: no, everything else: ok

9. Naddox

Naddox Cosmic Narwhal

Chucklefish cares. You think all those dead mods are dead because no one wants to update them?

10. lazarus78

lazarus78 The Waste of Time

Heh... touche. lol. My bad.

Ignoring the confusion from above, as I didn't think to check names...

I honestly expected better from you. Disrespecting the author's wishes is quite low.

11. Mackinz

The file is too large unpacked to attatch to this post, but here you go: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B7-d_0WxqHTFOS1hUG00bHBiTXc

This is my thread so just let me worry about the mod permissions. I am a stickler about them just as much as you are. Even if the mod has disallowed public redistributing, I can still unpack the mods assets. I will also do a semi-thorough check to avoid confusion like this...

12. maxigregrze

13. The | Suit

The | Suit Agent S. Forum Moderator

You can still unpack files - as learning from mods in how it works is a great way to get new ideas.
    The only problem is a person cannot redistribute it.

14. Soullesswaffle

Soullesswaffle Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Could you please unpack this mod? Thanks!

15. Mackinz

I tried to unpack both modpacks in the download but the old Cheerful Giraffe modpack version is apparently incompatible with the older asset_unpacker.exe I am working with. So, I've uploaded just the Glad Giraffe version. Whether or not this will be useful is another story.

(Mod asset permissions are lenient,)

Attached Files:

16. VintroK

VintroK Void-Bound Voyager

17. Mackinz

18. fsmithers

fsmithers Intergalactic Tourist

19. Mackinz

I doubt that looking at the old scripts for disassembling the old gun types will help with an update, but here you go:

Attached Files:

20. fsmithers

fsmithers Intergalactic Tourist

Thanks!