1. Welcome to the Starbound support forums. Please check the support FAQs before posting: http://playstarbound.com/support

Bug/Issue Obstacle course. Elliot keeps asking to teleport me. "SOLVED"

Discussion in 'Starbound Support' started by loisete5, Jun 30, 2017.

1. loisete5

loisete5 Aquatic Astronaut

Hi there.

Im stucked at the obstacle course mission.
    I've completed it several times and Elliot keeps asking me "Are you ready to go to the obstacle course?".
    Ive tried quiting to the main menu and repeating the mission again, but nothing...

[​IMG]
    P.D.: I searched for similar threads and really couldnt find any similar to this one, but who knows...

"Solution": make sure you're not playing Starbound - Unstable version, as I was. Special thanks to @Joshman250 for finding the solution.

Edit: looks like this bug on Unstable version has been fixed

Last edited: Jul 4, 2017
  2. Joshman250

Joshman250 Lucky Number 13

I am having the same issue. Ever since the recent update I have been unable to progress in any quest that involves an NPC teleporting me anywhere. I have tried restarting Steam as well as even making a new character. I always get stuck in an endless loop of completing the same objective and never progressing forward. Any help would be appreciated.

loisete5 likes this.
  3. lazarus78

lazarus78 The Waste of Time

Complete it then exit and try to turn it in, then turn off the game and post your starbound.log file.

loisete5 likes this.
  4. loisete5

im on it
    edit1: done
    https://pastebin.com/5RezpNvZ
    edit2: i tried competing the mission and beaming up to the ship in stead of teleporting to the ark, then I completed the mission again, but didnt work

Last edited: Jul 1, 2017
  5. lazarus78

So you are exiting out of the instance from the teleported back to the ark, right?

6. Joshman250

It is not working for me either. Unfortunately I do not know how to post my starboung.log file

7. lazarus78

Just to clarify, you go into the course, run through it, and exit via the teleporter back to the ark?

8. Joshman250

yes but the quest tracker still tells me to talk to Elliot. When I do he teleports me back into the course.

9. lazarus78

I wonder... could you pack up your storage folder and send it to me?

Code:
    [LIST=1]
    [*]Locate the file or folder that you want to zip.
    [*]Press and hold (or right-click) the file or folder, select (or point to) Send to, and then select Compressed (zipped) folder.

A new zipped folder with the same name is created in the same location. To rename it, press and hold (or right-click) the folder, select Rename, and then type the new name.
    [/LIST]

You can then use a site like www.mediafire.com to quickly upload the zip file and post the link.

10. loisete5

just in case you want to know where the log file is you can follow these steps:

In Steam library, right click on the game name, click on Properties, then on Local Files and click on Browse Local Files.
    After that navigate into "storage" folder and there it is the starbound.log which you can open with notepad. (Its better if you have any other text editor such as notepad++ or Geany, so the file is more readable)

11. Joshman250

Okay I feel stupid but I realized I was on the unstable version of the game and looked up what that meant. I downloaded the regular version and am no longer having problems. I feel stupid but am happy to be playing again. Loisete5 check to make sure yu are playing the regular version of the game. I hope you will be able to get it figured out. Thank you so much for all of your help Lazarus78!!!

loisete5 likes this.
  12. loisete5

hehe, yes, im playing Starbound - Unstable, thats the name the game has in my Steam Library. I thought it was like the version name, like Ubuntu "Mate" or Android "Apple pie" you know... Ill check if my problem gets solved by playing the "stable" version. Thank everybody and pardon me :S

13. lazarus78

If it is an issue in unstable, it is good that you reported it because unstable is what will become stable.

loisete5 likes this.
  14. Healthire

Healthire Can't Most Program the Least

Can you try again on the current Unstable?

15. loisete5

Im on it.
    Edit: its working now :)

16. Healthire

Healthire Can't Most Program the Least

Thanks for testing that!

loisete5 likes this.