Modding Help Object with multiple images/variations?

Discussion in 'Starbound Modding' started by seancruz, Dec 30, 2013.

1. seancruz

seancruz Big Damn Hero

I made an object, directly copied from cactiflowerpot. Cactiflowerpot has several frames that act like variants so that it's not the same-looking cactus plant all the time. It has a total of 4 frames. When you walk into an avian town you'll see the variety of pot designs, flower sizes, etc for one kind of flower pot, or cactus pot.

However, whenever I place my potted plant object, it only uses the first frame. It does not create variants, similar to how tiles do.

Anyone have an idea as to how to make variants for one object?

2. Shreddys

Shreddys Phantasmal Quasar

The image is quantified under the "frameGrid" section in the *.frames file. Size, dimension, and names to set it up and then in the *.object file under the "orientations" section sets up what it does with the image. I think?

3. seancruz

seancruz Big Damn Hero

That's what I was thinking, but in the cactiflowerpot object file, it has:

It has animation properties, but the frame is set to 1, instead of 4, so basically it's just animating the first frame only I think. So I don't know why in villages, they appear in their various forms, instead of just the first frame.

4. Shreddys

Shreddys Phantasmal Quasar

Yeah, if you set "frames" to 4 it just runs through them quickly after you place it.

Farmable plants have <stage> and <alt> parameters. <alt> sounds like it'd work but I tried changing the cactus' <frame> to <alt> and it didn't seem to make a difference.