Mob Nyanthers

Discussion in 'NPCs and Creatures' started by Dragonith, Sep 11, 2012.

1. [​IMG]
    Nyanther
    Arcanthera subridens ("Smiling Rainbow Panther")
    Don't let their comical appearances fool you. Nyanthers are feared as one of the galaxy's dominant apex predators. There are some who compare Nyanthers to a popular internet phenomenon, but most scientists disregard it as a ludicrous assumption.

[​IMG]
    "I mean seriously, this 'thing' looks nothing at all like this giant monstrosity! Absolute nonsense." - A Smart As Hell Scientist

The ferocity of a Nyanther is matchless on the hunt, able to tear several feet of flesh off its victim with its elongated saber fangs. The retractable claws on both its paws are no different. Its main body is covered in a hardened hide that has the durability of compressed steel. Perfect offense and defense make this feline a deadly carnivore. Combining that with its inexhaustible stamina ensures its prey won't be escaping unscathed (or alive). Some surviving victims have claimed to have seen a spectrum of light whilst getting mauled by the big cats. However, there is no solid evidence as of yet backing this up.

Nyanthers give birth to live young like most mammalian life, at max up to 6 in the litter. The young are fed milk during the first few weeks before being taught how to hunt alongside their parents.

If you somehow managed to kill a Nyanther, do NOT under any circumstances eat the hide of the beast unless it's properly prepared (via heat). Doing so without preparation results in broken teeth, split skulls, ruptured organs, and a nasty tummy ache. Otherwise, eating it will have the same confectionery sensation as eating a strawberry shortcake. Don't have a sweet tooth (or any teeth at all after biting it for that matter...)? Do not fret, young space warrior. The durable nature of the Nyanther's hide can be also crafted as powerful melee weapons to use at your disposal. Axes, swords, you name it. Definitely an ideal choice for close-quarter combat.

New creature time! Tigers won out over the sharks, so here's a feline creature for ya'll.
    (Yes I know it's not a tiger. Shaddap. :m)
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    Comments?

2. Tails7712

Tails7712 Spaceman Spiff

Not sure if joke thread or just pure awesome!

Model QT-377665, Squiddy and Klemar like this.
  3. It's.. it's...
    ...well, you're not serious, are you? :rofl:

Model QT-377665 likes this.
  4. Latecat

Latecat Subatomic Cosmonaut

Doesn't matter if its a joke or not.

This would certainly bring some "OH MY GOD WHAT THE F- IS THAT!?" moments to the game :D

5. Quote.

Quote. Subatomic Cosmonaut

I have an idea to add to this.If you got some sort of special item you could be able to tame it and have it as your companion.

6. Oricalcum

Oricalcum Ketchup Robot

I think that you should hear the Nyan Cat music when it's stalking you... :rainbow:

Model QT-377665, BrenSage and Zeklo like this.
  7. Bombzero

Bombzero Giant Laser Beams

I am honestly totally ambivalent on whether or not I would want this in the game.

on one hand Nyan cat is kind of overdone and I dislike sickeningly overdone things in my games.
    on the other hand this idea is hilarious.

8. Space Sphere

Space Sphere Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Hmm...I think I want this.

Squiddy likes this.
  9. ChaoticGamer

ChaoticGamer Master Astronaut

ummmmm....uuuuuhhhhh, I think we need call the developers to see this is ...could be used as Easter egg instead...or ....*sigh* in...play....

10. Haha, nice April Fools jo-
    Oh wait...

11. :lod:

Heheh, this more or less shouldn't be taken too seriously. Just an idea I had for awhile after discovering that little wordplay with 'panther'. Twas too tempting not to turn into an idea. After all, who doesn't like sabertooth cats and poptarts? :p

Alanzer-DNA, TheKobold666 and Zeklo like this.
  12. Tails7712

Tails7712 Spaceman Spiff

Hopefully there is a possibility of a nyanther mount....

13. Not sure it'd be totally safe to ride these things, but hey, knock yourself out. :rofl:
    I'm pretty sure most mobs have some way of taming them, according to the official info for recruiting wild creatures into your team. No different for Nyanthers either. Though, nothing specific in mind at the moment.

14. Tails7712

Tails7712 Spaceman Spiff

Maybe you can feed them kitty nip....(Tails just said that!)

15. Grab 'em by the barrel full. You're gonna need a lot of persuasion for something this large. xP

16. Kye

Kye Void-Bound Voyager

Can't wait to see the sprites!

17. Honestly, I could not stop laughing for 10 minutes when I saw it :laugh:
    Great work, absolutely great :up:

18. Kloudy

Kloudy Phantasmal Quasar

Man that's awesome... Everytime I see it, I get the Nyan Cat theme tune playing in my head :p

19. ChaoticGamer

ChaoticGamer Master Astronaut

uhh...4 real the developers agreeing to do this? >.> oh god...(bubbled)

*screaming in the head* ITS AN ARMY OF NYA NYA CATS!

20. CommanderCnicko

CommanderCnicko Big Damn Hero