1. Welcome to the Starbound support forums. Please check the support FAQs before posting: http://playstarbound.com/support

Bug/Issue NPCs die when interacted with...

Discussion in 'Starbound Support' started by Minkigamer, Aug 16, 2017.

1. Minkigamer

Minkigamer Intergalactic Tourist

So when i interact with npcs that are not quest related or merchants they die. So i checked my error log and found this:
    [Error] Could not apply patch from file /dialog/guard.config.patch in source:
    D :\SteamLibrary\steamapps\workshop\content\211820\868165595\contents.pak. Caused by: (JsonPatchException) Could not apply patch to base. (JsonPatchException) Could not apply operation to base. (TraversalException) No such key 'dragon' in pathApply("/hail/dragon/default")
    It only happens at this one Novakid character, while other characters seem unaffected by this bug.

2. Iris Blanche

Iris Blanche Pudding Paradox Forum Moderator

Please attach your full log. Also it seems most likely to be a mod issue. You'll have to contact the mod author for support or even a fix.

~ Iris ~

3. Minkigamer

Minkigamer Intergalactic Tourist

Yes, this is almost certanly a mod related bug. Sorry for not specifying that. What i am having trouble with is knowing which mod is causing the bug. I suspect the Draconis race mod, because of the key word dragon in the log, but i don't know much about starbound modding or coding so i posted this thread to hopefully get some help.

Attached Files:

4. Iris Blanche

Iris Blanche Pudding Paradox Forum Moderator

Hard to say which one it is. But it is most likely a mod that alters the conversation text config (converse.config)
    Most likely a custom race mod.

~ Iris ~

5. NovaRanger

NovaRanger Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I had the exact same problem, so I uninstalled my race mods and reinstalled them one by one until I found the one that caused the problem. Uninstall "Kazdra Reloaded" if you have it, and NPCs should work fine. Albeit, someone just reported this glitch to the creator of the mod on Steam, so it should hopefully be fixed soon.

6. NovaRanger

NovaRanger Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Alright, the Kazdra Reloaded mod should be working fine now. It received an update yesterday that addressed the problem.