1. Note: Nightly builds are not officially supported and things that appear broken might actually just be broken with no way of fixing it, but community members may still be willing to assist you with common problems.

Bug/Issue npc's die when i talk to them

Discussion in 'Nightly Builds Support' started by hazeunix, Aug 12, 2017.

1. hazeunix

hazeunix Intergalactic Tourist

Hello, so this is pretty self explanatory but for some reason when i try to interact with npc's in Starbound they just die. this started about 4 days ago and i looked for solutions online and tried various things but it just keeps happening. i honestly do not know how to fix this and i'm praying i don't have to delete any characters. if there is an admin reading this please help me.

here is a list of the mods that i have and after reading some solutions i found a most likely culprit after sifting through solutions.

-purchasable pets
    -Avali drone pet-purchasable pets version
    -Telvakian race mod
    -Meet the Anodynes
    -Xbawks character extender
    -Ooze race
    -musical merchants
    -A.V.I.A.N.
    -penguin enabler
    -anime eyes for humans
    -Avian Drumsticks + Tail Feathers
    -Avali (Triage) Race Mod

most likely culprit

-A.V.I.A.N.

2. Stockdoodle

Stockdoodle Yeah, You!

Same issue here, but I don't have the A.V.I.A.N. mod. I have most of what you have up there, except for the penguin enabler, musical merchants, and avian drumsticks/feathers.

3. MrVauxs

MrVauxs Giant Laser Beams

A.V.I.A.N. does nothing but change your AI conversations and look. It has nothing else to do with the gameplay.

4. IILynx

IILynx Space Hobo

I'm having the same problem, and the only mods we seem to have in common is Xbawks character extender, hope this helps.