NPC: Your old characters

Discussion in 'NPCs and Creatures' started by uigfnbxs, Mar 4, 2012.

1. uigfnbxs

uigfnbxs Big Damn Hero

So What I am thinking is that when you make your 2nd+ character, the old one(s) would act as NPC's. They would come in the outfit that you last left them in and they would give quests etc. If you anger them, than on THAT character you would have a rivelry with your current character.

What do you think about this Idea?

Ben, Alec, Myonmallow and 2 others like this.
  2. jackalope

jackalope Big Damn Hero

That would actually be pretty awesome!

3. Hokage

Hokage Void-Bound Voyager

Sounds like a cool idea to me. But I have two questions:

1. What happens if/when these characters die while playing a different character.
    2. What about people with lots of characters? Will their worlds be flooded with those characters?

4. Herowho

Herowho Pangalactic Porcupine

The idea is made of so much win that I can't think of anything to say!

5. Herowho

Herowho Pangalactic Porcupine

1. I assume that the npc character would be some kind of special character that simply respawns on another planet or somewhere else.
    2. Since the devs are trying to make this game as infinite as possible, I don't think it would be that easy for the game to be flooded, unless you have millions of characters.

These are only my assumptions.

6. uigfnbxs

uigfnbxs Big Damn Hero

1. I don't have a clue
    2. I'm thinking that there will be a limit to how many custom characters you can have in your world/file. I think the devs will impliment that you can only have up to x characters, and only the active ones will be used.

7. Deathend

Deathend Pangalactic Porcupine

actually that whould be awesome, i thonk that having your old characters as unespecified npcs and giving you randome quests would be good.

8. Hokage

Hokage Void-Bound Voyager

Also, this reminded me of and old Sims game I had on the Gamecube.

9. Dasaki

Dasaki Pangalactic Porcupine

Holy! this is an AWESOME idea! Kinda like in Monster Hunter Portable Gen 3, where as you get more friends and get more guild cards from friends, you occasionally see them standing around in the guild hall to either make you giggle with random gestures, or occasionally give you totally awesome items and loot. Side quests and such would be really cool too. and maybe a set of dialogue you can set for when you do see them, like a catch phrase. "See ya around space cowboy..."

Totally awesome ideas!

10. Alec

Alec Big Damn Hero

HOLY F***! Good idea! I even have some ideas on how to make bugs with that... but nvm!