Pixel NPC Idea

Discussion in 'Fan Works' started by hobofeet, Dec 28, 2017.

1. hobofeet

hobofeet Tentacle Wrangler

There aren't many NPC mods out there, so I was thinking of making my own. I decided to start with the portrait since I know nothing about making mods. I'm new to pixel art, so anti-aliasing is something I just hope works out. No name or character traits/backstory, just this portrait that's not really close to the Stardew style.

Might try to tweak the style to fit and give more variety in the expressions.

Sprites.png

nekoCrimson likes this.
    • nekoCrimson

nekoCrimson Subatomic Cosmonaut

She's really pretty! *o*

Anti-aliasing shouldn't be as much of a problem if you're saving as .png, unless it's actually being created in the editor. I'm also not super familiar with pixel-art, so I don't know if there's a particular program that might make that easier.

As for the art-style, it's not that different from the current vanilla art-style, I think it could blend in pretty well. Honestly I think the game could use with more variety with the faces on the girls.

hobofeet likes this.
      • hobofeet

hobofeet Tentacle Wrangler

Thanks! I really want to try more characters now, and other kinds of pixel-art. It's pretty relaxing.

A lot of portraits I've seen are amazing, but they stick out too much to use unless all of the characters are redone.

nekoCrimson likes this.
        • frozenfarmer

frozenfarmer Space Hobo

Well if you want a character I do have a farmer that will be delighted if you drew her!