Npc dialogue should reflect changes in world

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Ignus flamebringer, Apr 15, 2016.

1. Ignus flamebringer

Ignus flamebringer Space Hobo

Hi, I don't normally post thus kind of thing but word on the street is that Concerned Ape reads these and makes adjustments based on them potentially :)

I think there needs to be a little bit of extra dialogue written so that certain NPCS change what they say if it no longer makes sense.
    Best example *spoiler*

When wooing Penny, as you get to higher levels of hearts with her, she lets on more and more that she is getting tired of cleaning up after her mom all the time.

However, if you restore the bus stop it really turns pam's life around, and she starts to care about her yard and going to the saloon too much.
    When that happens, penny's comments start to sound out of place, like she's referring to a world state that no longer exists. It's a bit jarring.
    *end spoiler*

My suggestion is to write up some alternative dialogue and have it trigger when those conditions are met. I'm making this suggestion because I don't feel like it would be a huge burden, and I think it would be a small, fine tuning level change that would make the world feel that much more alive and real :)

Anyone else notice similar disconnects we could mention to the developer? I really want to help make this game the best it can be

• MagicallyClueless

MagicallyClueless Master Astronaut

... I just spent like an hour making a gigantic post similar to this *facepalms* I am so sorry. xD Our topics are different enough though. (I linked your thread if that's ok!)

I love this suggestion. It always did kinda bother me that Pam's yard was still a huge mess after that slight improvement in character. I think after certain events, dialogue should change in general. Like, after you get Clint to ask Emily out, maybe he reacts a little more confidently and starts becoming a more well rounded character.