NPC actions (immersion)

Discussion in 'Other' started by Luihu, Mar 21, 2012.

1. Luihu

Luihu Subatomic Cosmonaut

If you have ever played Terraria (well, duh, of course you have) then you know what NPCs do.

Nothing.

Have NPCs walk around the station and base and actually do something, chatting with each other, play recreational games together, eat, drink, sleep, have their own emotes when they're just lounging about, like cleaning their glasses (hi, Blackthorne-fans!), whistle a tune, stretch..

Oh and feel free to chastise me if someone already made a thread on this or if this is a long-gone matter.

Cavewulf and TwistedSync like this.
  2. Cavewulf

Cavewulf Void-Bound Voyager

As far as I'm aware, there's no other thread like this.
    OT: I would also appreciate NPc's doing something more than just walking around aimlessly. Just as long as they don't have the (lack of) intelligence to go and open an airlock.

3. Luihu

Luihu Subatomic Cosmonaut

Unless they're a... CYLON? (note: I have not actually watched the series)

4. Cavewulf

Cavewulf Void-Bound Voyager

Maybe you're right... and all of the NPCs are evil CYLONS in disguise!! :eek: (Haven't watched the series myself either).

EDIT: Sorry Luihu, I forgot to like your original post before I first posted. ;)

Luihu likes this.
  5. Redsun

Redsun Void-Bound Voyager

That would be pretty interisting and very intertaining too! Just random thought but someone would be working on the computers or something like that and it start smoking or they would be electricuted, they would fix the problem shortly after though( mainly so no NPCs die in the funny interactions.)

6. Hakjabtholah

Hakjabtholah Void-Bound Voyager

I'm not sure if this follows what your'e suggesting exactly but as we've heard already, NPCs will have needs that you must fulfill. So, no, I don't think they will be as lazy as they are in Terraria. :p