November 5th - Just Progress

Discussion in 'Dev Blog' started by metadept, Nov 5, 2014.

1. metadept

metadept Mostly Harmless Codesman

metadept submitted a new blog post:

November 5th - Just Progress

Continue reading the Original Blog Post

2. bbq1040

bbq1040 Big Damn Hero

Cant wait for all the changes/editions. Complete wipe with the big update?

3. ihartsnape

ihartsnape Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I started reading your post thinking to myself, "Please just give me an update on Oceans." You did not disappoint! Thank you! :D

4. Lintton

Lintton Guest

Higuera and Zael like this.
  5. Akado

Akado Oxygen Tank

As long as your progress is just, and your aim is true, you will always be the Coding Crusader to me!

P.S. I don't know what unjust progress is, but it seems to be of questionable character.

Okay, does this count as potentially-unjust progress? =P

Breaking news! Armagon escalates the arms race, seeks to add "edd" to the middle of his name! More at 11.

Higuera, Zael, Yzzey and 3 others like this.
  6. Tomas Swageroni

Tomas Swageroni Scruffy Nerf-Herder

ermahgurd so many info i don't know :(

7. Cam

Cam Scruffy Nerf-Herder

8. Runefangice

Runefangice Orbital Explorer

Hows it going with the novakids?

9. Helix1111

Helix1111 Big Damn Hero

Is there a chance that non ocean biome planets might have an ocean? it would be nice to be on a non ocean biome planet and come across a larger body of water rather then just jump over it.

10. BloodyFingers

BloodyFingers The End of Time

I don't see why not. Ocean biome can be a sub-biome right?

All in all, it does seems like a solid stable update is nearing...

Zael and Helix1111 like this.
  11. MrLevi

MrLevi Phantasmal Quasar

Oceans are sexy. Nice work!

Zael likes this.
  12. Gerbert Da Samich

Gerbert Da Samich Aquatic Astronaut

I cant wait for the oceans!!!! so excited.:fishbowl:

13. Proydoha

Proydoha Phantasmal Quasar

I want to share one "fun fact" that I learned on a first day at work. As a part of it I test fuel tanks applying internal pressure to them. There are two ways to do it: pour some water in there or use an air instead.

Here's what I've learned: it's safer to use water because it's not compressible. On the other hand compressed air may lead to "explosion" if somebody did their work poorly and tank can't handle the pressure.

14. Rossomak

Rossomak Void-Bound Voyager

Something you may want to look into is once I got to the second ship upgrade (fixing the FTL drive) it asked for moonstone. I know that there is currently no way to submit the materials and fix the FTL drive, but actually looking for moonstone can be a problem since you cannot leave the current system and a moon biome is not always generated in the starting system... if you could make it so the generation forces a moon biome into the starter system, that 'd fix that problem.

15. xalar

xalar Big Damn Hero

Ok if you have an deep end underwater hut, and a shallow underwater hut and you poke holes in the walls, will the water flow faster into the deep end hut and slower in the sallow hut or will both huts fill the same?

TheGamer100 and benjom6d like this.
  16. Captain Rage

Captain Rage Phantasmal Quasar

17. Nutric

Nutric Pangalactic Porcupine

Arteeests!! :D
    They draw reeeds and seeweeeds!! :D

18. kfaj

kfaj Scruffy Nerf-Herder

OCEANS SO MUCH HYPE! I've waited so long for my master Hylotl race to get their own biomes and villages. :D

19. Akado

Akado Oxygen Tank

Despite your nickname, that sort of name calling is unacceptable. We do NOT know for a fact whether or not Metadept shops at The Gap, or other clothing shops that cater towards young adults with disposable income. And even if he does, or if he shops at the UK version (The Gappe?), we don't need to label him.

[this was an attempt at satire]

20. Elzebub

Elzebub Void-Bound Voyager

So, does it mean, that my laptop won't die everytime i discover an area with liquids and set said liquid afree? :eek: also, i really would love to hear about the next stable being pushed :)

pi master likes this.