Race Novakids can breath in atmosphereless zones

Discussion in 'NPCs and Creatures' started by Leviasean, Dec 11, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CondescendedWow

CondescendedWow Supernova

Well then I guess you can try to find another thread because this one's about the science of the Novakids abilities (I'm not sure it's even a suggestion anymore)

2. Sikelh

Sikelh Scruffy Nerf-Herder

The novakid would still need gear since racial abilities are tied to racial gear according to whats been said so far. This would just mean they have different and possibly earlier access to it.

3. CondescendedWow

CondescendedWow Supernova

It'd probably be something a little like this though

Novakids: read thread.

Hylotl: can breathe underwater for an exceptional amount of time but they are weakened on magma or lava planets.

Apex: can climb small amounts of blocks when press G (five blocks or so) but they will be exposed while climbing and the process takes a bit of time so you'll have to clear the area.

Human: Humans will be a naturally balanced species. No perks, no defects.

Avian: Avian's will have the ability to fly for a short amount of time, but they will be a little bit more susceptible to fall damage because birds usually are in real life if you'll notice how many birds die from falling out of trees.

Floran: will be able to slowly gain attack strength on forest or jungle planets but just like the Hylotl, they will be scared as crap to go on flame planets.

Glitch: will have more defense overall but their energy would drop 1 by 1 every minute or so. Because they'd be running low on charge.

There you go. I hope that was good enough for you to go on. :D

4. TheLostSentinel

TheLostSentinel Big Damn Hero

Sorry but, I'm gonna say no. I'm on the side of the devs. They already said this isn't going to be a thing, only for racial armor. If they added in racial bonuses, it would make players bias towards what race they should play to enjoy what they want to do most. Much like I always choose Argonian in the Elder Scrolls series because I want to be able to breathe underwater. (Yes I know there isn't a lot of swimming involved, but it is nice to have :l Lol)

Sgt_Hankey likes this.
  5. Sgt_Hankey

Sgt_Hankey Request for Urgent Business Relationship

Hm, when did the Devs mention their position towards this? I mean besides deciding to add Racial armor.

6. Model QT-377665

Model QT-377665 Ketchup Robot

Then start or find a thread about those other Races, this one is only concerned with the Novakids

7. TheLostSentinel

TheLostSentinel Big Damn Hero

Last edited: Jan 5, 2014
    Sgt_Hankey and Retnuh like this.
  8. Sgt_Hankey

Sgt_Hankey Request for Urgent Business Relationship

9. novakid413

novakid413 Void-Bound Voyager

well, glitches don't have to eat. and they're more resistant to the heat and cold. think that's overpowered?

10. Brick-tac

Brick-tac Void-Bound Voyager

logically, stars rely off of hydrogen and helium, so they would not need to eat or breathe as long as they have those
    but stars are quadrillions of times bigger than a novakid, meaning that the novakid would fizzle out and disperse in a few seconds because it doesn't even have the mass a brown dwarf has to make energy

11. Jonesy

Jonesy Sarif's Attack Kangaroo Forum Moderator

Thread necros are only accepted if the thread is still relevant and the necro itself is on-topic. While you are indeed on-topic, this thread is more than four years old and refers to mechanics that are now long out of date. As such, I'm going to have to close this thread, and ask that you pay more attention to the age of a given thread before posting in it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.