1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Novakid Theory?

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by dreamingRoyalty, Mar 9, 2017.

1. dreamingRoyalty

dreamingRoyalty Big Damn Hero

Hi!!! This is my first time posting in the forum, but it's because I've made a theory about novakids! I'm tagging it spoilers encase anyone here hasn't seen the endgame cut scene yet!

Okay, so, My theory is that Novakids (Or rather, their Brands) are descendants of the Ancients seen throughout the game. After taking a step back and looking around Starbound, I started to notice a few pieces of an unfinished puzzle that is the question: Where do Novakids come from? And I think I can finish the puzzle!

My Evidence:
    Okay, I'll be taking a lot from the offical Wiki and the game itself, so sorry if I repeat stuff over and over again.

So! My first piece of evidence is a few parts of the Novakid species description itself:
    "These creatures, described by a human astronomer as “interstellar gas-bag people”, have no known single origin point: that information is long lost, as the Novakids have little to no desire to record their history, or even pass it on to their offspring."
    "– if a Novakid is depleted of his or her vital gases, the energy contained within their brand is instantly vented into the very fabric of space-time, leaving only a twisted metal symbol and a nearly undetectable warping of light around the area of death."

Now, let me bring up a single box of dialog from the end cut scene itself:

"Much was simply lost, though fragments of myself, ancient and wild, broke away and became something new... What little of myself remained stayed to watch what I left behind."

If you ask me, this is where Novakids' brand came from! Not only did this create their brands, but it's what allowed Novakids to obtain their form! And it could also possibly why Novakids are capable to sustain intense injuries (such as in the most popular fanart of them) and not immediately die! After all, that is quite a bit of gas coming out...

Next, we have the fact that Novakids have the WORST memory, and I think I know why! Perhaps, in the hope of not (knowingly) making the same mistakes, the Ancient made sure Novakids couldn't remember anything if they are a part of it! Or maybe they meant to erase any memories of being part of the ancient, and accidentally messed with their entire memory process?

They say Novakids are forged in the very core of stars, but the question I have to ask is; Where did the consciousness to obtain sentience come from?

That's all I have for now! Please tell me what you think, and I'm sorry if this theory has been done before, I didn't see it anywhere on the forum if it was here!

2. Jerln

Jerln Oxygen Tank

I don't remember where, but I think a developer confirmed that the Novakid are fragments of the specific Ancient that sealed the Ruin away.

3. LazerRay

LazerRay Cosmic Narwhal

It is also hinted in Starbound itself that the Novakid are remnants of the cultivator based on their descriptions of ancient objects and dialog from the key NPCs for the story line.