1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Novakid House Ideas

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by GriffinO1, Dec 20, 2018.

1. GriffinO1

GriffinO1 Astral Cartographer

Anyone have any small/medium Novakid houses to share, I wanna build a Novakid themed house but I don’t know where to start.

2. Blaine

Blaine Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I've never played a Novakid nor built anything Novakid-themed, but I can tell you from experience that they like to build their settlements entirely out of wood on volcanic planets.

3. GriffinO1

GriffinO1 Astral Cartographer

From what I’ve been told there settlements have no preferred spawn place, though they seem to be found frequently there.

4. Blaine

Blaine Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Yeah, according to the Wiki, they have the same chance to spawn anywhere. It may be that other races are less likely to have volcanic settlements, meaning that Novakids would appear to have more by comparison; or maybe other races are less likely to spawn there, meaning more "slots" tend to be open on fiery worlds, so that there's less "competition" with Novakids for spawning in those slots.

Regardless, one of my strongest memories of Starbound twenty years from now will be fire people building their settlements out of wood, and watching many of those settlements burn to the ground in cinder showers. They must have built them REALLY quick!

Actually, the best was when I found an Avian skyship during a cinder shower.

5. Daikon Ocelot

Daikon Ocelot Spaceman Spiff

Well, I can give you some advices. Their building consist of ornate block, wooden log, wooden panelling, and other wooden-related material, but mostly are those three. Their houses are just like a wooden cabin you found in the snow or taiga planet. Their furnitures are mainly frontier and saloon furniture, but you may also want to use other wooden hand-made furniture. Finally, don't build it in a planet where there are meteor shower or fire hazard. Hope it helps.