Nova Horse, and Themed Mounts

Discussion in 'Vehicles and Mounts' started by Spritley Jack, Jul 5, 2015.

1. Spritley Jack

Spritley Jack Big Damn Hero

What do you think that the Avians would ride, then? All ideas are good ideas.[DOUBLEPOST=1441144128][/DOUBLEPOST]I wouldn't mind an suggestions at all. If you or anybody else have any ideas related to this, feel free to post it here. I would gladly make it for you!

Relten likes this.
  2. Plex_Director

Plex_Director Pangalactic Porcupine

Hey again!
    As I carry around a little notebook and a pen at all times and do have some downtime during train rides, I scribbled and sketched some ideas down during the last few weeks.
    My premise was to try and find mounts that were appropriate for the races' cultures and same as ShinigamiX I came to realise that birds riding other less evolved birds would be a little off.
    So this got me thinking and soon the ship pets came in as an indicator of what animals would work for them.

So, here's a little sketchy page showing my mount idea for the Avian: An oversized war-rabbit! Why wouldn't a race that idolises its bunnies go and breed a larger and more agressive version? ;-)
    (The Apex riding a flightless bird was just a shot in the dark...)
    Mounts ideas scan.png

Also: Bonus Snugget! :-D

Last edited: Sep 2, 2015
    Spritley Jack likes this.
  3. ShinigamiX

ShinigamiX Big Damn Hero

Hmmm, well one idea (which is quickly tossed aside) would be some kind of giant rabbit, but since they seem to worship those things, that to would not make sense.... Then I read Plex's post about the war-rabbits and I admit they sound pretty cool but something doesn't sit with me quite right, but obviously its not all about me, so who knows, it might make a good mount.

I'm thinking they'd more likely have some kind of hoverbike with that pyramid-egyptian feel, using crystals to hover.
    Maybe a bike-like design with a large crystal on the front to make it hover and a couple of smaller crystals at the back to propel it foward.

If we're sticking to living creatures though I woulda suggested a bug-like creatures (say an alien dragonfly kinda thing) but with the Florans having bugs as mounts, it wouldn't seem right to have two mounts be too similiar. The main reason for suggesting a bug as a mount for the Avians is that they are bird-like creatures and since birds are known to eat bugs, it makes them a perfect mount as the birds would be ruling over the insects. If that sounded appealing then I would also recommend changing the Floran mount to a half-creature half-plant thing similiar to how their species is and how their pets are.

The only other animal-mount for the Avians I can think off the top of my head would be some kind of feathered squirrel-like creature. Giving them feathers to help them fit in more with the avians but squirrels are also an animal to be eaten by birds of prey.

[EDIT] Actually after thinking about it, its possible for the Avians to have other birds as mounts but it depends on how the relationship between them works. Are all the mounts you are suggesting to be slaves? equals? or servants? is everyone on here presuming all these creatures suggested for mounts nothing more than mindless beasts? Why not have a mount that is just as intelligent and the two races have come to an understand or the creature that is the mount is technically payed. In-game lore would suggest that they are payed but we wouldn't actually have to, or we could pay them.

Last edited: Sep 3, 2015
  4. Joseph the wanderer

Joseph the wanderer Scruffy Nerf-Herder

the Florans should have a large snake like creature. (since their pets are already snakes, it's obviously a thing with them)

Spritley Jack and PabloElPuas like this.
  5. Benkinz99

Benkinz99 Pangalactic Porcupine

There are already Hover-bikes made for most races, and mechs made for a couple, so I don't see why each race cant have its own Mech/hover-bike/horse-mount.

Spritley Jack and PabloElPuas like this.
  6. Spritley Jack

I was thinking of it being similar to the relationship that pokemon have for the trainer, or something like that, but it has already been confirmed that the Hylotl ride giant koi fish, so why not other races?

7. ShinigamiX

ShinigamiX Big Damn Hero

Well since it looks like Hylotl seem to be based around an axolotl more than a proper fish, let alone a koi fish. I see no problem with them riding a completly different type of creature since axolotl are amphibian and not fish.

Now if they rode on Frogs that'd be a litttle weirder but more for the idea that there is a race of Frog aliens and riding on similiar looking creatures wouldn't work out well for getting along.

8. CondescendedWow

CondescendedWow Supernova

Okay so what I think is a fitting mount for each race:
    Novakid: Your suggestion, it's really good, but maybe a steampunk horse could be better.
    Glitch: Normal robot horse, seeming how they already rode horses and all.
    Hylotl: Assuming some kind of amphibian would fit this mount so I'm gonna go with a gecko, fast on land and can skip across water, also easy to put a saddle on.
    Apex: Obviously going to assume the basic Apex theme high tech stuff, basically their mount can be a mech of some kind.
    Human: I'm just gonna stick to Human driving around in an ATV or motorcycle or something of that sort.
    Avian: The cassowary/ostrich thing is a good idea as well.
    Floran: Ground Beetle, I basically searched what insects are beneficial to plant life and turns out this guy is a predator to almost anything that eats plants in the garden, since it's a predator, looks cool, and is beneficial to nearby plant life I vote this thing to be the Floran mount (a much larger size however)

Spritley Jack and MrToni300 like this.
  9. Spritley Jack

Great ideas! I really like the one for the floran, and the gecko one looks like it would be great. The gecko also just gave me a great idea! What if each mount has it's own special ability? Like the gecko can run across water, and other such things.

CondescendedWow likes this.
  10. CondescendedWow

JESUS LIZARD OMG YES.

Relten likes this.
  11. Spritley Jack

Here is the ground beetle!
    Beetle Bananza2.png

12. CondescendedWow

Spritley Jack and Relten like this.
  13. Relten

Relten The Waste of Time

14. Spritley Jack

Happy Late Halloween!!
    Skelhorse Halows'eve 2.png

15. Spritley Jack

Why eat a turkey on Thanksgiving when you can ride one into battle?
    Turkey Rider 2.png

16. Relten

Relten The Waste of Time

You know, with the new vehicles being implemented...why not create a mod for this idea?

Spritley Jack and Owl_Stalker like this.
  17. Spritley Jack

Good idea! I'll come up with some.

Relten likes this.
  18. MrToni300

MrToni300 Ketchup Robot

REALLY, both my favourite races, has a best ones. :3

19. Spritley Jack

What says "Happy Birthday!" more than a new ride shaped like a birthday cake?
    Birthday Cakay2.png
    P.S. The birthday mentioned is mine. :)

Last edited: Dec 2, 2015
  20. Plex_Director

Plex_Director Pangalactic Porcupine

Hey there Spritley!
    Happy Birthday to you!
    That hovercake of yours... delicious! ;-)