Nova Horse, and Themed Mounts

Discussion in 'Vehicles and Mounts' started by Spritley Jack, Jul 5, 2015.

1. Nibolas O Anelbozas

Nibolas O Anelbozas Spaceman Spiff

Hahaha well i can try to, but i want to draw everyone of your mounts so i guess the coloring will have to wait a bit u_u

PabloElPuas likes this.
  2. Spritley Jack

Spritley Jack Big Damn Hero

I came up with another, a Lizard/plant mount for the Florans:
    Lizard runner 2.png

Though for the glitch, there already exists, more or less, a mechanical horse mount that a Glitch Knight would ride in a Glitch Castle, but it doesn't seem to exist for anything else:
    MechKnight.gif

Here is the source: http://starbounder.org/Glitch_Knight[DOUBLEPOST=1438026794][/DOUBLEPOST]There is also a Hoverbike that exist somewhere, and it says on Starbounder that each race will have their own: http://starbounder.org/Hoverbikes
    Hoverbike.png [DOUBLEPOST=1438026840][/DOUBLEPOST]Though I think that I will still make mounts for them, none the less.[DOUBLEPOST=1438027911][/DOUBLEPOST]Here's my Glitch horse, the more normal variety:
    Mech Horsley 2.png

Last edited: Jul 27, 2015
    PabloElPuas and Plex_Director like this.
  3. Plex_Director

Plex_Director Pangalactic Porcupine

Somehow I'd like my Novakid to ride something like this here:

[​IMG]

Picture is property of Bear65 on Deviantart

Seems to be fitting for them to have some sort of horselike hoverbikes.

Spritley Jack and PabloElPuas like this.
  4. Isaac Nova

Isaac Nova Void-Bound Voyager

Oh my god. This is awesome.[DOUBLEPOST=1438051352][/DOUBLEPOST]
    The Glitch horse is great, considering the original.

5. Spritley Jack

I'm glad you like them! I put a lot of thought into it.

6. Plex_Director

That lizardplant is very nice! But in reminiscence of the prototype ladybug pet for the Florans, wouldn't some insect or centi-/millipede mounts be worth a thought!
    I could so imagine some Floran riding his trusty war-bug into some glorious skull hunt! ;-)

The little critter I referred to is pictured on the lower left side in this picture:

[​IMG]

The unarmed Glitch horse is cool, same as the Nova-horse!
    Now they only need some form of "gas cattle" to really complete their cowboy-ish feel.

7. Spritley Jack

Yeah, that looks exactly what I'd think a Novakid hoverbike would look like as well! It could look like this in game:
    Novakid Hoverhorse 2.png
    I based it partly on your pictures design combined with the features of the Novakid spaceship. I hope you like it!

Warget and Plex_Director like this.
  8. Plex_Director

DUDE! Way cool! That's some seriously awesome stuff!
    Keep that up and ring some bells so the devs take notice. Something like that for the Novakid to ride would be NICE! :-D

Edit: Now there's only one question I'd have to ask:

9. Spritley Jack

Here it is!
    Bug Bang2.png

10. Plex_Director

Did... did you have that in your folders just for this occasion, or what?!
    I'm completely overwhelmed!
    That's perfect! :-D

11. Spritley Jack

I made it right on the spot! In Paint program even. I just start with a silhouette, add highlights and other lines, and its finished! I just have a lot of experience with pixel art.[DOUBLEPOST=1438113045][/DOUBLEPOST]And then I blew it up!

Last edited: Jul 28, 2015
  12. Plex_Director

Experience or not, but that's some seriously good pixel art you are churning out here. I'm honestly impressed! More power to you!

Spritley Jack likes this.
  13. Isaac Nova

Oh god that looks so terrifying but exactly like something a floran would ride. This is great, and i hope that this gets added to the game.[DOUBLEPOST=1438196942][/DOUBLEPOST]
    Could you send me a picture of the silhouette for characters, since you start with a silhouette? I need to make some pictures of a new species.

Last edited: Jul 29, 2015
    Spritley Jack likes this.
  14. Spritley Jack

Thanks! I try hard on my passion.
    Sure! I'll just put on here the general process I go through. First is a blob with a saddle and a floor:
    Blob 2.png
    Then, I shape the silhouette of the creature with different colors to separate the limbs and eyes:
    Frog Sil2.png
    Next, I add color and detail, with any parts I may have missed in the last step:
    Frogman do 2.png
    Finally, I create a quick background to suit the creature:
    Frogman Dee 2.png
    And It is done!

Attached Files:

Gav Featherbeak likes this.
  15. Isaac Nova

thank you. Plus, do you have a silhouette for the races as well, like how you made the pond armor rider.

16. Spritley Jack

The pond armor rider is just the pic of the armor from starbounder, and the other is from this character creator that I found through the same site: http://community.playstarbound.com/pages/charcreator/, using the button PrtScn, or Print Screen, to get it to work with.

That's how I made them. Unfortunately, I don't have access to the game, where you could make a character and have them wear whatever you want. But to make due, you can make on the character creator the character you want, and if it's race didn't have the exact clothes you wanted, then make another from the race with the item in question, and using paint, put it together the way you want.

Here is an example, where I took a hat from starbounder, a human and a Glitch from the creator, and made Link, with my Novahorse:
    NovaHorse Link 2.png

Gav Featherbeak likes this.
  17. FaerieHawk

FaerieHawk Subatomic Cosmonaut

Loving that bug mount. Came in here wanting to suggest a bug mount for Florans and you've already made one and it's beautiful!

I pictured the Novahorse with a horseshoe like mark for its face, myself. :p

(Also thanks for that mock-up on your spriting process I might try something like that out for myself next time I wanna sprite a thing! Good system.)

18. Spritley Jack

Glad you like it!

19. Spritley Jack

Floran Rider! What a Crime Fighter!!
    Floran Rider 2.png [DOUBLEPOST=1439508740][/DOUBLEPOST]Motor Mayhem! Motorcycle leaps into action!!
    Motor Mayhem 2.png

Last edited: Aug 14, 2015
    Isaac Nova and Plex_Director like this.
  20. ShinigamiX

ShinigamiX Big Damn Hero

I like the idea of a Nova-horse as a mount. Whether its a tech or as some kind of pet, I think it should be gotten from Novakid villages (once those things are in the game.... I haven't seen any yet but they might be already, dunno)

However I don't think that the Avians would ride birds... I mean c'mon that's like saying for a small human to ride a larger (potentially less intelligent) one around, that just doesn't seem right.