Nova Horse, and Themed Mounts

Discussion in 'Vehicles and Mounts' started by Spritley Jack, Jul 5, 2015.

1. Spritley Jack

Spritley Jack Big Damn Hero

What if the Novakid had there own horses, one that you can ride? I thought that they could resemble the Snugget and the Novakid themselves, and that you could catch one and ride it with a saddle.

NovaHorse2.png

It would go well with the Novakid, and would fit in with them as a mount. While I'm on the subject, how about vehicles and creatures that the different races could each have as a mount and related to their culture?

For example, a motorcycle, bicycle, or Earth horse for the humans, mechanical horses for the Glitch, maybe a plant creature of some sort or a lizard for the Florans, a bird mount like a chocobo or something for the Avians, a seahorse or other sea creature for the Hylotl, and maybe a hover bike for the Apex.

Any or all of these would be a cool addition to Starbound, I think. I would like to know if anybody has any other ideas what the races of Starbound could ride into the sunset on, or into the sun if you wanted.

Yee-Haw!!

P.S. Just realized about the typo in the title, intended to type "Themed."

Last edited: Jul 24, 2015
  2. jasonzoo123

jasonzoo123 Subatomic Cosmonaut

One question, will the novahorse requires the tech drive thing to acces? Cause it will be awesome to have more things to unlock with the tech drive[DOUBLEPOST=1436181203][/DOUBLEPOST]
    Hylotl need the giant Koi fish mount they exist In the lore and also I like the idea of lizard thing

3. Spritley Jack

I don't know about the tech drive, though that would be cool, and I like the idea of a Koi fish, like on the design for the original Hylotl ship, right?

jasonzoo123 likes this.
  4. jasonzoo123

Yes the koi fish are supposed to be riden by the pond armored hylotl (if im not mistaken) and having koi fish inplemented will add one more aquatic mounts cause why theres only ship as a mount why cant there be other aquatic mounts or vehicle. Also an apex submarine could be nice, but im here for the novahorse yee haw.

5. Spritley Jack

I think that it would be cool if there was underwater mounts, like the koi fish. It would add another dimension to the game play.[DOUBLEPOST=1436652059][/DOUBLEPOST]Also, how about space going mounts? Those would be great in areas of no gravity.

jasonzoo123 likes this.
  6. jasonzoo123

Only when zero Gravity is implemented...when it does im thinking space saucer or maybe a jetpack mech well atleast thats my idea for it.... or maybe a space dragon for SPACE that would be awesome in asteroid biomes

PabloElPuas likes this.
  7. Isaac Nova

Isaac Nova Void-Bound Voyager

Well, I think the Nova Horse is a great idea. P.S. You can change the title of the thread by pressing the "edit title" at the top...
    And you forgot to put the fact that the bird mount is for the avians, you didn't put the species...

8. levaa797

levaa797 Void-Bound Voyager

Humans should have a Harley Davidson or sg.

9. Spritley Jack

Thanks! I will take those into account.[DOUBLEPOST=1437771039][/DOUBLEPOST]I'm thinking of putting examples of these mounts here on this thread, like the Nova Horse, for anybody whose interested.[DOUBLEPOST=1437772584][/DOUBLEPOST]Koi Fish and Rider:
    Koi Fish 2.png [DOUBLEPOST=1437774054][/DOUBLEPOST]Avian and Birdma:
    Avian Nights2.png

Last edited: Jul 24, 2015
  10. Isaac Nova

Isaac Nova Void-Bound Voyager

This is awesome, but you should also think about what the humans should use, and try to pin down whether they should have a Motorcycle or a Horse. I vote Motorcycle!
    EDIT: And i just noticed that you Underlined that the bird mount is for the avians. Thank you.

Last edited: Jul 25, 2015
  11. Spritley Jack

Your welcome! I think that maybe the different races should have a unique vehicle/mount to ride, based on how advanced their technology, and if they would have bothered to make a vehicle in the first place.
    Also, a thought just occurred to me! What if each race had a motorcycle of hover cycle based on the design of their space ships? Like the Avians have one that is golden and powered by those rubies of theirs, and the Hylotl would have blue ones with that design of theirs. Or, maybe their could be a mount for each race, as well as a motorcycle like what I described. That way you could choose which one your character would ride, whether it be a mount or hoverbike, of any race you choose.

12. Nibolas O Anelbozas

Nibolas O Anelbozas Spaceman Spiff

I agree we should have living mounts, but i think that the novahorse could be a bit more...alien you know what i mean? like, maybe with a different head or, three tails...anything to make them look different from a bright regular horse

13. Spritley Jack

How about more fiery?

14. Nibolas O Anelbozas

I like the sound of that n_n

15. Spritley Jack

Like this:
    Fiery NovaHorse 2.png

Skippertomtom and PabloElPuas like this.
  16. Nibolas O Anelbozas

Yeah, what do you think about needle like feet? like the protokid for example

17. Spritley Jack

I'm not sure what you mean, but how about this?

Fiery NovaHorseMetals 2.png

18. Nibolas O Anelbozas

Hey you don't need to get all concerned about my ideas n_n i'm just spitting them out! but i do like the design! the floating particles as the best[DOUBLEPOST=1437959793][/DOUBLEPOST]Hey, i got inspired by your avian mount, and did this!
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 27, 2015
  19. MrToni300

MrToni300 Ketchup Robot

Well mounts would be so great, because Terraria has already so many glorious mounts. :3

20. Spritley Jack

Cool! That would look cool as a mount! Do you think you'll color it?[DOUBLEPOST=1438021855][/DOUBLEPOST]The new Nova Horse I made I think would be the coolest to ride, and it could leave a trail of fire behind it like the Delorean from Back to the Future.