Race Nova Angel

Discussion in 'NPCs and Creatures' started by 1.1, Jul 18, 2012.

?

What do you think of them?

1. Amazing

22.2%
  2. Good

33.3%
  3. Okay

22.2%
  4. Bad

5.6%
  5. Terrible

16.7%
  1. 1.1

1.1 Big Damn Hero

Some things may relate to terraria but this mob would still be pretty cool

Their names are Nova angels. They are Holy beings that co-exist in the real world and the dream world. They are Born from super novas. They can use their wings to fly around but nova angels prefer walking. They keep virorbs as pets to boost their abilities. the only virorbs that they dont like are skull virorbs. Lets say your traveling to a new planet and you see a super nova in the backround or a message appears saying "A super nova has occurred!" Once that message appeared a random cloud will appear high above the ground on the planted that you are traveling to. On that cloud is the Nova angel, they will have 1-3 friendly sky virorbs around them. Once you talk to them they will ask you to get some items for them. If you don't give them the items in time the can disappear or turn hostile (optional)
    if this idea is not liked they could also say "hello human... i am (mjolnir, gungnir, or any other holy name), i am a nova angel, you seem like a strong human, i shall join you on your journey.

Items that they might ask for:

5-15 crystal shards
    1-5 stars
    1-2 gems of any kinds

once you give them these items they will become a npc, they can sell you items or you can hire them to go into battle with you

They can sell you:

Wings 50-250 pixels
    Crystal Shield (very good ranged protection, poor melee protection) 250-500 pixels
    Halo helmet :halo: (increases health regeneration) 100-500 pixels

They also have an ability to call on different tyes of virorbs that are friendly. You can buy these virorbs for positive effects on your character. they would cost about 100-2000 pixel shards depending on the virorb that you want

There are also 2 types of Nova angels, Nova, and shadow. (more soon)
    Shadow angels are fallen Nova angels that hold grudges against humans and animals and any other race.
    They Could travel with Skull virorbs to be extra dangerous. They have Scythes that deal medium damge.
    These beings could only appear in high threat level worlds or in hell (if the worlds have hell :unsure:) They can travel through walls as they are demonic angels that are part ghost.

Nova Angel:
    High health
    low damage
    very high critical hit chance?
    no knockback

Drops:
    VERY RARE wings
    COMMON crystal shards
    UNCOMMON energy sphere (used for a type of armor maybe?)

lightning summon, summons a bolt of lightning from their blade that does huge damages to multiple enemys COOLDOWN: 120 seconds
    DAMAGE: High

Rapid Slash, using their amazing sword skills the rapidly slash them with their blade, each slice does small damage but adds up
    COOLDOWN: 45 seconds
    DAMAGE: low

Super Nova (my favorite), summons a super nova near the enemy that pulls enemys towards the center. Once the attack is dont the super nova explodes doing medium damage, use the time that they are in the super nova to your advantage.
    COOLDOWN: 80 seconds
    DAMAGE: medium

Regular slash, no explanation nessicary
    COOLDOWN: 0-1 seconds
    DAMAGE: very low-low

Shadow Angels:
    Medium Health
    Medium Damage
    High critical hit chance
    high knockback

Drops:
    VERY RARE demon wings/demon scythe
    COMMON: Black shard
    UNCOMMON anti sphere (used for making demon halos and armor :halo:)

Attacks:

Shadow Flame, their sword lights on fire (the color is black) and starts to glow, they point their swords toward the sky and shoot somewhat of a mortar,
    COOLDOWN: 80 seconds
    DAMAGE: medium

Teleportation, using dark magic they teleport behind there target and slash them with their scythe. they leave shadow flames where they teleported from.
    DAMAGE: none for teleportation, medium for scythe attack
    COOLDOWN: 30 seconds

Black Hole, they create a black hole near an enemy that pulls the enemy towards the center. Once the enemy is in the black hole it does massive damage to the enemy rapidly. leaving the enemy with VERY low health the daemonium come over to you to deliver the final blow
    COOLDOWN: 180 seconds
    DAMAGE: OVER 9000! Deadly

Skull Virorbs (while with Shadow Angels)
    Extremely High health
    High damage
    Medium Speed
    High Stickyness

Now for the art, (i got it off random places :p)
    feel free to create sprites for them if you want

Angel Warrior AWESOME.jpg

dark angel.jpg

novaangel_by_hezaru-d58hz4f.png

Zeklo and GunmanRex like this.
  2. 1.1

1.1 Big Damn Hero

updated, more info about the nova angels, hope you guys like it :DD

3. Grim

Grim Tentacle Wrangler

Hey 1.1 :p It's Azrael.

Anyways, interesting concept, you could even relate them to shadowcrazy's popular Umbrastellans, who are very associated with the birth of Stars.

As for criticism, I'll blatantly say their name is too generic. Come up with a cooler name!

I'd suggest elaborating more on how they act. Make them a tiny bit less cliche in their "holy-ness"

4. 1.1

1.1 Big Damn Hero

their new names are angelus pacis (latin for angel of peace)

the shadow angels are now daemonium angelus (latin for demonic angel)

ill add this later :p too lazy at the moment.

also on the cloud they will be flying slightly above the clouds swinging their swords.
    once you get them to come to your house/base they will walk around trying to avoid other npc's
    they are shy/timid around other people other then you and will eaither walk away or teleport somewhere else (oh yea, they can teleport short distances) sometimes if there is mroe then one super nova on the way to your planet you will see some more angelus pacis. except they wont be on a cloud, they will be walking around slashing enemies on the ground. they will not talk to you untill you befriend the main angelus pacis. if you go back and talk to them they will follow you around and help you defeat enemies. (more later)

5. GunmanRex

GunmanRex Oxygen Tank

These guy would be pretty rare or spread out. but cool concept:up:

6. 1.1

1.1 Big Damn Hero

yea they would be pretty rare, if you are really lucky the multiple super novas will occure and then you can lead an army of 1-4 angelus pacis!

moar updates! :lolwut:

the attacks have been moved into the actually topic. :whoop:

7. 1.1

1.1 Big Damn Hero

do you guys think i should make it so that they dont sell stuff and just go into battle with you? or should i keep it how it is? and moar updates coming soon

8. 1.1

1.1 Big Damn Hero

Thank you to Nirn for making the picture of the female version of the nova angel
    i actually think it suits more :DD