1. Welcome to the Starbound support forums. Please check the support FAQs before posting: http://playstarbound.com/support

Resolved "Not Optimal Resolution" launch problem

Discussion in 'Starbound Support' started by TheTrashMan, Jun 1, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheTrashMan

TheTrashMan Space Hobo

Everything was fine until a few months ago, and ive tried everything I could think of: uninstalling and reinstalling the game, uninstalling mods, ect. this is on the steam version btw

This is what happens every time without fail:
    >launch the game
    >its just a black screen with a white square in it
    >i get an alert on my pc about it not being the optimal resolution
    >either immediately or about a minute afterwards it closes

Is there any way you can help me get one of my favorite games working again?

2. lazarus78

lazarus78 The Waste of Time

Post your log file.

3. TheTrashMan

TheTrashMan Space Hobo

how would i do that exactly?

4. TheTrashMan

TheTrashMan Space Hobo

do you mean this?

Attached Files:

5. lazarus78

Theres your problem.

Asset source 'KC - Cyberspace Hatch&Platform Hatches Patch' is missing dependency 'wvr_hatchplatform'

You are miossing a dependant mod, thus the game is crashing. Has nothing to do with the resolution.

The resolution thing is because as the game starts up it is taking over control of the monitor and adjusting the resolution to one lower than the "native", but this is harmless.

Also... why are you running the 32bit version? Especially considering you have 308 mods... It boggles my mind when people have that many.

6. TheTrashMan

TheTrashMan Space Hobo

Thanks for the info, but how do i fix it?

7. lazarus78

8. TheTrashMan

TheTrashMan Space Hobo

ah, i found the problem i think: "PLEASE NOTE: THIS MOD WILL NOT WORK WITH OTHER MODS THAT MODIFY THE PLATFORM HATCHES MOD FILES."

9. lazarus78

Your log literally says that the mod "KC - Cyberspace Hatch&Platform Hatches Patch" requires the mod "wvr_hatchplatform". Without it, the game crashes, as per the normal handling of missing mod dependencies.

10. TheTrashMan

TheTrashMan Space Hobo

yea it works now, thanks man

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.