1. This forum is archived for reference. For support & bug reports visit the help section of forums.stardewvalley.net

Bug/Issue Not being able to place down items (Furniture, Machines, Chests)

Discussion in 'Support' started by Zeefasimoo, May 23, 2020.

1. Zeefasimoo

Zeefasimoo Void-Bound Voyager

Howdy, I made a post like this earlier today but didn't put it in the right category (was in mods instead of support). I'm not good at giving details that are short, sweet, and to the point so sorry if this is all winded and rambling.

Has any had a bug where you can't place down any kind of object no matter where you are in the game but don't see any error when looking through your smapi log? I've been trying to figure this out on my own by doing the basic methods.

This is what I've tried so far (in no particular order):

• Restarting laptop
    • Turning laptop off and on
    • Exiting to Title Screen while ingame
    • Turning game off and on
    • Using smapi parse log to check for mods needing updates, are no longer compatible, or if there were any error messages
    • Deleting all save files ingame
    • Deleting all files in D :SteamLibrary/steamapps/common/Stardew Valley/save-backups
    • Deleting all files in C:Users\[my name]\AppData\Roaming\StardewValley\Saves
    • Dissecting my mods folder (Taking out mods from my mods folder bit by bit, running smapi, making a new file, testing the game to see if that fixed the issue)

This has been going on for nearly three days now and I still haven't gotten any kinds of results. I'm scatterbrained and forget that if certain mods need to be installed in a certain way, doing so incorrectly can result in an error or bug. But there is usually some sort of error message for that sort of thing, I didn't find one in my logs when I checked. For now I'll just keep dissecting my mods folder and looking for different methods on my own. I'm grateful to those willing to help me and will gladly post a list of all my mods if need be (was 346 before I started dissecting, now it's dwindled down to 320). Thanks for your time. May update this if I come across anything.