Non-invasive Befriend Marlon and Gunther

Discussion in 'Mods' started by Moragaine, Dec 21, 2018.

1. Zosa

Zosa Cosmic Narwhal

2. Moragaine

Moragaine Existential Complex

Honestly, I should learn to ask what version folks are using, since that's where a lot of misunderstanding comes from; I have 2 versions of the game on my pc, atm, 2.7(because Befriend hadn't been updated to 1.3.28) and the new official version of the game. There is a new beta out now, 1.3.33, so calling it a beta made me think it was that.

• Zosa

Zosa Cosmic Narwhal

that is fair X''D i know i have been sick for the last month so everyone has moved on without me. i am one of those guys who is into aesthetics so until all my pretty graphics are brought into the newest build i am stuck with the stable beta(2.7) X''D

• Moragaine

Oh, I understand that, my main save looks so good right now! But with the new Custom Walls and Floors and the new Custom Furniture, it's hard to know where start. But back to the problem child.. Try this one, it's copied right out of my 2.7 mod folder:

Attached Files:

• Zosa

Zosa Cosmic Narwhal

yeah, my main save is super pretty and just wonderful and i can't play it at all without adding like 10 extra mods that are not updatable to a newer build of the game X'''D my current save is mostly for testing things out(spawner is my friend on that save, hahaha)

nope, same error as linked above(but i managed to fix my crabpot while i was waiting so at least there is that

• Moragaine

I really don't know what to tell you, then.. it works on my 1.3.28 Stardew w/2.7smapi.. I have no idea how the original bits of the mod work, my contribution was the Content Patcher loading of the map and sprite bits so folks didn't have to over-write game files. You could try asking in the modding channel of the SdV discord, since it looks like a code issue.

• Zosa

Zosa Cosmic Narwhal

it's ok, thanks for trying

• HopeWasHere

HopeWasHere Existential Complex

Hey, don't know if you'd be interested, but I made some personal Marlon and Gunther sprites to go with this mod. I'm in the middle of testing them, but I think they should work

Attached Files:

theyorquino, arkoiris and Karmylla like this.
                • Moragaine

oh sweet! Thank you! I've been considering redrawing some of the ones that came with the mod, but haven't had much of a chance - holidays are busy.. I was also looking at a mod on the forums here that recolors Gunther's clothes.

HopeWasHere likes this.
                  • hollowlaughter

hollowlaughter Void-Bound Voyager

Any chance of this non-invasive version getting an update to current 1.3.36?

• Moragaine

@hollowlaughter I would have to wait until the author made a new version, since all I'm doing is adding a work-around. Also, it may not be necessary! Pathoschild did an unofficial update and submitted a pull-request to the author's github with the changes. This is the version I'm currently using and it's much neater! You can get rid of the Befriend Helper folder if you install this version.

Attached Files:

• hollowlaughter

hollowlaughter Void-Bound Voyager

@Moragaine Thanks! I'll test it out when I have some time, because my girlfriend's fave is Marlon and she's been really eager to try this mod out but wanted to avoid the invasive version that's currently up on Nexus.

• Moragaine

No worries! The one on Nexus is the guy's first mod, I believe, and in spite of his saying he'd add to it, it's just been sitting there.

• asmothstotheflame

asmothstotheflame Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Hi Moragaine! Is this compatible with SVE? Anything that replaces the interior maps of NPC's usually conflicts.

• Moragaine

Alas, no it is not. SVE adds dialog and events to Marlon and the Adventurers Guild(along with moving it) that would clash with BM&G. It's also my understanding that Flashsifter will eventually add Gunther content, although I haven't hard when. Perhaps if I knew Smapi modding, rather than just Content Patcher modding, I could adjust it to co-exist with SVE; even then I'm not sure they could work together. =(

HopeWasHere likes this.
                              • pureblood117

pureblood117 Void-Bound Voyager

can you get this to work with sde because i just want gunther to talk to

• Moragaine

I too miss chatting with Gunther, but I don't know the coding that would be required to update the .dll in the mod. Also, SVE already does a lot of work with Marlon, which means that his part of the mod would cause problems. Perhaps someone could take out Marlon's part and make the mod just for just Gunther..

• yoshimax

yoshimax Void-Bound Voyager

I know this is super late (like literally years later, sorry), but I got back into modding for another game and I'm going to take a look at my old Stardew mod again to make sure it's updated for 1.5 and actually maintain it from now on. I got busy with school and forgot all about it then never took the time to learn how to fix it to make it non invasive, so thanks for doing that.