Non-invasive Befriend Marlon and Gunther

Discussion in 'Mods' started by Moragaine, Dec 21, 2018.

1. Moragaine

Moragaine Existential Complex

The original Befriend Marlon and Gunther has just been updated for SdV 1.3.32(it also works on 1.3.33), thank you Yoshimax! So I have now updated my non-invasive version:

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 21, 2018
      zoey_96 likes this.
    • Aristobulus

Aristobulus Void-Bound Voyager

what exactly do you mean by non invasive, contrasted with the original? I was looking for mods to enhance Marlon/Gunther and now I don't know if I want to use yours or the original.

• Moragaine

The original includes xnbs that are used to over-write some game files; I've used Content Patcher to edit those files instead. It required adding a second folder with the edited assets, but the result is the same without replacing game files.

• Zosa

Zosa Cosmic Narwhal

is this compatible with the stable beta?

• Moragaine

Yes, as far as I can tell it is - I'm not currently playing on the new beta. However, only 4 mods broke with the newest beta and none of their problems would show up in this mod.

• 0boko

0boko Phantasmal Quasar

strangely enough, gunther isn't showing up in the social tab for me. marlon's there, but not gunther. would editing the actual sprites somehow mess that up..?
              edit: i guess it'd be because i made edits to the npc dispositions? i'm gonna fix that and see if that helps.

• Zosa

Zosa Cosmic Narwhal

i lost more than a dozen mods moving over to the stable beta so i had to ask(luckily a lot are fixed now but still)

• Moragaine

No, I don't believe so, but do you have any other mods that change a character's name on the Social list? Even with the original mod, any other mod that changed another character's name - other than Marlon or Gunther - made it so that Gunther didn't show up.

• 0boko

0boko Phantasmal Quasar

would making an otherwise not-dateable into one affect anything?

edit: okay, apparently it does! i had a romancable rasmodious mod and when i removed it, gunther suddenly showed up in the social tab. interesting.

• Zosa

Zosa Cosmic Narwhal

says it's not compatible

• Moragaine

Could you post your log, please?

• Zosa

Zosa Cosmic Narwhal

me or them? because there is nothing to parse from mine as this is the only mention of the mod;
                          [SMAPI] These mods could not be added to your game.
                          [SMAPI] - BefriendMarlon 1.0.4 because it's no longer compatible. Please c
                          heck for a new version at https://smapi.io/compat.

• 0boko

0boko Phantasmal Quasar

• Moragaine

I'm sorry, I meant Zosa. My next question for her is if she placed both folders from the mod into her Mods folder? There is a folder named Befriend Marlon and Gunther, but there is also a folder named Befriend Helper; they both go in Mods.

• Zosa

Zosa Cosmic Narwhal

he and i did should they not be placed together like in the zip?

• Zosa

Zosa Cosmic Narwhal

[SMAPI] SMAPI 2.7 with Stardew Valley 1.3.28 on -----------------

[SMAPI] Mods go here: C:\GOG Games\Stardew Valley\Mods

[SMAPI] Starting game...

[SMAPI] Loaded 29 mods:

[SMAPI] All Crops All Seasons 1.6 by cantorsdust | Allows crops to be planted

and grown during any season.

[SMAPI] AlmightyTool 1.2.2-unofficial.3.mizzion | Using all farming tools wit

h one button.

[SMAPI] Animal Husbandry Mod 2.2 by Digus | Adds features related to animal h

usbandry.

[SMAPI] AutoFish 1.2 by WhiteMind | Auto play fish minigame and fishing rod a

uto hit.

[SMAPI] AutoGrabberMod 1.0.9 by Jotser | Adds additional functionality to the

Auto-Grabbers

[SMAPI] Better Artisan Good Icons 1.3.2 by Cat | Makes jelly, pickles, wine,

juice, and honey icons be based on the fruit, vegetable, or flower used to make

them.

[SMAPI] catGifts 1.1.4 by skuldomg | Your cat or dog will randomly leave you

gifts on your doorstep.

[SMAPI] ChestsAnywhere 1.13 by Pathoschild | Access your chests from anywhere

and organise them your way.

[SMAPI] CJB Item Spawner 1.11-beta.3 by CJ Bok | Simple in-game item spawner!

[SMAPI] Climates of Ferngill [Rebuild] 1.4 by KoihimeNakamura | Create a uniq

ue climate system with custom weathers, a moon and stamina changes, as well as a

dd weather related events and commands.

[SMAPI] Community Bundle Item Tooltip 1.1 by Musbah Sinno | Adding a tooltip

to items telling you if they are needed in a bundle.

[SMAPI] Console Commands 2.7 by SMAPI | Adds SMAPI console commands that let

you manipulate the game.

[SMAPI] ContentPatcher 1.4 by Pathoschild | Loads content packs which edit ga

me data and images without changing the game files.

[SMAPI] Customizable Traveling Cart Days 1.0.2

[SMAPI] DeepWoodsMod 1.2-beta.12 by Max Vollmer | Adds an explorable forest t

o the secret woods. How deep does it go?

[SMAPI] DeluxeGrabber 2.4 by stokastic | Allows use of autograbber for coops,

crops, and forage

[SMAPI] FasterGrass 1.0 by IceGladiador | Changes the grass growth speed base

d on the config.

[SMAPI] Instant Grow Trees 1.4-beta by cantorsdust | Makes trees grow instant

ly overnight if they have enough space.

[SMAPI] kisekae 2.1.1-beta by Kabigon | Modified version (works with SDV 1.3)

of GetDressed which that lets you edit your character's appearance.

[SMAPI] LookupAnything 1.19-beta.10 by Pathoschild | View metadata about anyt

hing by pressing a button.

[SMAPI] Lunar Disturbances 1.0.6 by KoihimeNakamura | Adds a moon to more tha

n just one day, and adds events based on it, including eclipses

[SMAPI] MailFramework 1.3.1 by Digus | Utility classes to send mail in the ga

me.

[SMAPI] PyTK 1.4.3 by Platonymous | Platonymous Toolkit

[SMAPI] RemoteFridgeStorage 1.0.1-BETA by EternalSoap | Allows you to use ing

redients inside

[SMAPI] Save Backup 2.7 by SMAPI | Automatically backs up all your saves once

per day into its folder.

[SMAPI] Scythe Harvesting 2.0 by mmanlapat | Harvest crops and flowers using

a Scythe! Grants XP and Sunflower Seeds.

[SMAPI] Stardew Notification 1.8-beta1 by monopandora, updated by KNakamura |

Daily Notification mod for Stardew Valley

[SMAPI] Teh's Festive Slimes 1.0 by TehPers | Replaces slimes during the fall

[SMAPI] Time Freeze 1.3 by Alpha_Omegasis | Emulates old Harvest Moon-style g

ames where time is frozen inside.

[SMAPI] Loaded 23 content packs:

[SMAPI] [CP] Standart Farm 1.1 by Opalie | for ContentPatcher | CP Version of

Opalie's Standart Farm

[SMAPI] Bath House Hot Spring for ContentPatcher 1.1 by MiniPantsu | for Cont

entPatcher | An unofficial port of MiniPantsu's Bath House Hot Spring Mod

[SMAPI] CP Underdark Sewer 1.0 by Mel Noelle | for ContentPatcher | Overhaul

of the Sewer - Underdark Style!

[SMAPI] Dammit Clint Stop Hitting On My Wife (no marriage req. ver.) 1.0 by R

ubecula | for ContentPatcher | Changes some of Clint's event and festival dialog

ues after you marry Emily so he stops blatantly pining after her and ignoring yo

ur relationship. (no marriage requirement version)

[SMAPI] Eemie's Just A New Map Recolour - CP Conversion 1.1 by minervamaga an

d eemiestardew | for ContentPatcher | A conversion of Eemie's map palette mod

[SMAPI] Elle's Horse Replacement 1.0 by Elle/Junimods | for ContentPatcher |

Replaces horse.xnb!

[SMAPI] First Farmhouse Reimagined 1.0.1 by megmom84 | for ContentPatcher | R

emodels the first farmhouse to have a kitchen and moves the bed to a different s

pot.

[SMAPI] Flower Valley for ContentPatcher 2.7 by KAYA/jina2ya (original) parad

igmnomad (port) | for ContentPatcher | A port of KAYA's Flower Valley - Town and

Farm Buildings Redone for Content Patcher

[SMAPI] Hairstylescombined 1.1 by snowcmpie, peroxidewren, Pencilstab,Eemiest

ardew, Chrysanthe, alicedafox, walpi | for ContentPatcher | Hairstyles from vari

ous mods combined

[SMAPI] Harvey Dialogue Expansion 1.1 by farmerjack | for ContentPatcher | Gr

eatly expands Harvey's dialogue to include messages for every 2 heart levels and

each day of the week, rainy days, and festivals.

[SMAPI] Harvey Personality Mod 2.2 by woosh0 | for ContentPatcher | Adds vill

ager and marriage dialogue for Harvey.

[SMAPI] Hats Won't Mess Up Hair 1.0 by misatse1019 | for ContentPatcher | Hat

s won't mess up your hair anymore.

[SMAPI] Jas Events Mod 1.1 by randomAnon1234 | for ContentPatcher | Add chara

cter development to Jas with these 5 custom events & expanded dialogue!

[SMAPI] Karmylla's Immersive Map Edits 2.3 by Karmylla | for ContentPatcher |

Enjoy a more immersive SDV with more detailed maps and Dusty!

[SMAPI] katekatpixel's Portraits Overhaul for Content Patcher 1.1 by katekatp

ixel | for ContentPatcher | An Official CP of katekatpixel's Portraits Overhaul

[SMAPI] Missy's Shirts 2.0 by MissyDiabolical | for ContentPatcher | A collec

tion of recolours of all shirts..

[SMAPI] No Spouse Rooms with Bathroom 1.0 by wildzooey | for ContentPatcher |

Removes spouse rooms and adds a bathroom. Affects all farmhouse upgrades.

[SMAPI] Penny's Two Heart Event Improved (Content Patcher) 1.0 by Khajiitibar

d | for ContentPatcher | Adds a response option during Penny's 2 heart event to

support George.

[SMAPI] Ragnarok Online Hats 1.0.1 by Seyph | for ContentPatcher | Replaces v

anilla hats with Ragnarok Online hats.

[SMAPI] Seasonal Villager Outfits for ContentPatcher 1.0.1 by Tanpoponoko | f

or ContentPatcher | Changes what the villagers wear to match the season.

[SMAPI] Secret Gardens Greenhouse 2.0 by Jessebot | for ContentPatcher | Repl

aces your greenhouse interior with a secret garden.

[SMAPI] Zosa's Craftables 1.0 by Eemiestardew | for ContentPatcher | Zosa's P

ersonal Craftables pack

[SMAPI] Zosa's Furniture 2.0 by Zosa | for ContentPatcher | Furniture by Zosa

[SMAPI] Found 15 mods with warnings:

[SMAPI] Skipped mods

[SMAPI] --------------------------------------------------

[SMAPI] These mods could not be added to your game.

[SMAPI] - BefriendMarlon 1.0.4 because it's no longer compatible. Please c

heck for a new version at https://smapi.io/compat.

[SMAPI] - Better Crab Pots 1.0.3 because it's no longer compatible. Please

check for a new version at https://smapi.io/compat.

[SMAPI] Patched game code

[SMAPI] These mods directly change the game code. They're more likely to c

ause errors or bugs in-game; if

[SMAPI] your game has issues, try removing these first. Otherwise you can

ignore this warning.

[SMAPI] - PyTK

[SMAPI] - MailFramework

[SMAPI] - Animal Husbandry Mod

[SMAPI] - Better Artisan Good Icons

[SMAPI] - Climates of Ferngill [Rebuild]

[SMAPI] - Teh's Festive Slimes

[SMAPI] No update keys

[SMAPI] These mods have no update keys in their manifest. SMAPI may not no

tify you about updates for these

[SMAPI] mods. Consider notifying the mod authors about this problem.

[SMAPI] - Zosa's Craftables

[SMAPI] - Hairstylescombined

[SMAPI] - Hats Won't Mess Up Hair

[SMAPI] - Missy's Shirts

[SMAPI] - Bath House Hot Spring for ContentPatcher

[SMAPI] - Zosa's Furniture

[SMAPI] - Stardew Notification

[ContentPatcher] Ignored katekatpixel's Portraits Overhaul for Content Patcher >

Load Portraits/Krobus: FromFile 'assets\Portraits\Krobus.xnb' matches a file wh

ich doesn't exist.

[ContentPatcher] Ignored Flower Valley for ContentPatcher > Load SewerTiles: Tar

get 'SewerTiles' conflicts with other load patches ('CP Underdark Sewer > Load S

ewerTiles' already loads SewerTiles). Each file can only be loaded by one patch,

unless their conditions can never overlap.

[ContentPatcher] Ignored Flower Valley for ContentPatcher > Load Maps/SewerTiles

: Target 'Maps/SewerTiles' conflicts with other load patches ('CP Underdark Sewe

r > Load Maps/SewerTiles' already loads Maps\SewerTiles). Each file can only be

loaded by one patch, unless their conditions can never overlap.

[ContentPatcher] Ignored Zosa's Furniture > Load farmhouse_tiles: Target 'farmho

use_tiles' conflicts with other load patches ('No Spouse Rooms with Bathroom > L

oad farmhouse_tiles' already loads farmhouse_tiles). Each file can only be loade

d by one patch, unless their conditions can never overlap.

[ContentPatcher] Ignored Zosa's Furniture > Load Maps/farmhouse_tiles: Target 'M

aps/farmhouse_tiles' conflicts with other load patches ('No Spouse Rooms with Ba

throom > Load Maps/farmhouse_tiles' already loads Maps\farmhouse_tiles). Each fi

le can only be loaded by one patch, unless their conditions can never overlap.

[DeepWoodsMod] InterceptMultiplayer: SMultiplayer

[Teh's Festive Slimes] Rustling Jimmies...

[Teh's Festive Slimes] Done!

[SMAPI] Type 'help' for help, or 'help <cmd>' for a command's usage

[Climates of Ferngill [Rebuild]] KoihimeNakamura.LunarDisturbances 1.0.6 Integra

tion enabled

[Climates of Ferngill [Rebuild]] cat.safelightning not present. Skipping Integra

tion.

[Climates of Ferngill [Rebuild]] knakamura.dynamicnighttime not present. Skippin

g Integration.

[Lunar Disturbances] spacechase0.JsonAssets not present. Skipping Integration.

[SMAPI] You can update SMAPI to 2.9.3: https://smapi.io

[SMAPI] You can update 24 mods:

[SMAPI] All Crops All Seasons 1.6.1: https://www.nexusmods.com/stardewvalley/

mods/170

[SMAPI] Animal Husbandry Mod 2.2.1: https://www.nexusmods.com/stardewvalley/m

ods/1538

[SMAPI] AutoGrabberMod 1.0.13: https://www.nexusmods.com/stardewvalley/mods/2

[SMAPI] Better Artisan Good Icons 1.4.3: https://www.nexusmods.com/stardewval

ley/mods/2080

[SMAPI] ChestsAnywhere 1.15: https://www.nexusmods.com/stardewvalley/mods/518

[SMAPI] CJB Item Spawner 1.11.2: https://www.nexusmods.com/stardewvalley/mods

/93

[SMAPI] Climates of Ferngill [Rebuild] 1.4.1: https://www.nexusmods.com/stard

ewvalley/mods/604

[SMAPI] Community Bundle Item Tooltip 1.2: https://www.nexusmods.com/stardewv

alley/mods/1329

[SMAPI] ContentPatcher 1.6.1: https://www.nexusmods.com/stardewvalley/mods/19

[SMAPI] CP Underdark Sewer 1.1: https://www.nexusmods.com/stardewvalley/mods/

[SMAPI] DeepWoodsMod 1.3-beta.18: https://www.nexusmods.com/stardewvalley/mod

s/2571

[SMAPI] DeluxeGrabber 2.5.1: https://www.nexusmods.com/stardewvalley/mods/246

[SMAPI] Flower Valley for ContentPatcher 3.1: https://www.nexusmods.com/stard

ewvalley/mods/2064

[SMAPI] Instant Grow Trees 1.4: https://www.nexusmods.com/stardewvalley/mods/

[SMAPI] Karmylla's Immersive Map Edits 2.4: https://www.nexusmods.com/stardew

valley/mods/1149

[SMAPI] LookupAnything 1.20.1: https://www.nexusmods.com/stardewvalley/mods/5

[SMAPI] Lunar Disturbances 1.0.7: https://www.nexusmods.com/stardewvalley/mod

s/2208

[SMAPI] MailFramework 1.3.2: https://www.nexusmods.com/stardewvalley/mods/153

[SMAPI] PyTK 1.5.2: https://www.nexusmods.com/stardewvalley/mods/1726

[SMAPI] Ragnarok Online Hats 1.0.2: https://www.nexusmods.com/stardewvalley/m

ods/2717

[SMAPI] RemoteFridgeStorage 1.4.7: https://www.nexusmods.com/stardewvalley/mo

ds/2545

[SMAPI] Seasonal Villager Outfits for ContentPatcher 1.2.2: https://www.nexus

mods.com/stardewvalley/mods/2449

[SMAPI] Secret Gardens Greenhouse 2.0.1: https://www.nexusmods.com/stardewval

ley/mods/3067

[SMAPI] Time Freeze 1.6: https://www.nexusmods.com/stardewvalley/mods/973

• Moragaine

I think I see the problem: you will have to update your Smapi for this version of Befriend Marlon and Gunther to work, since it was recompiled on the 1.3.32 version of the game(although it also works on the current 1.3.33 beta).

• Zosa

Zosa Cosmic Narwhal

which is why i asked you if it worked or not X''D

• Moragaine

Okay, the problem is terms then: 1.3.28 is not beta anymore. The current version of the game is 1.3.32 and the beta is 1.3.33. That's all moot, though, since you're still running 1.3.28. Try this version of the mod:

Attached Files:

• Zosa

Zosa Cosmic Narwhal

before now i've had no issues calling it stable beta and people understanding so that is on me, i apologize for being too unclear for you