1. This forum is archived for reference. For support & bug reports visit the help section of forums.stardewvalley.net

Resolved No way to recover lost tools

Discussion in 'Support' started by Draks, Feb 27, 2016.

1. Draks

Draks Subatomic Cosmonaut

So I spent a lot of time playing today, and I cheekily bought a bit more inventory space by dropping unneeded tools into a chest. Unfortunately, I tried to open the chest containing my scythe and watering can (along with my materials, food, everything I own and love...) while holding a cherry bomb. This is how I learned many things.
    1. Chests can explode.
    2. Exploded chest do not drop their contents.
    3. If you explode a chest, (or in my case, two.) press ALT+F4 immediately. You will lose all progress from the day, and your chests will not be exploded. (In theory.)

That last fact is in hindsight.

When asked if its possible to retrieve lost tools, Lord ConcernedApe had this to say:

https://twitter.com/ConcernedApe/status/703375380208439296

I have had your game for less then a day, and I have already broken it. I am so sorry.

• armour

armour Intergalactic Tourist

Lost my scythe and none of the shops seem to sell replacements. Is there any way to get it back?

• kyle.lav33

kyle.lav33 Space Hobo

Hello,

So I'm new to the game. I got to level 10 in the mine and picked up the boots but didn't equipt them yet. I went down a level and died and lost the boots, is there a way to get them back or get them later? Don't think it's an item anyone sells...

• NoxiousRaven

NoxiousRaven Scruffy Nerf-Herder

No but you can buy or find other boots.

• ConcernedApe

ConcernedApe Stardew Valley Dev Developer

Sorry this happened, it should be fixed in tonight's build!

• Draks

Draks Subatomic Cosmonaut

Thanks for the fast reply! And it all worked out, I have been playing through it again, and things are going much better overall! It's nice to know no one else will have the unfortunate experience I did however.

• killerkristov

killerkristov Big Damn Hero

Mine still went missing. I think I'm gonna have to uninstall and then reinstall and see what happens.

• captain invictus

captain invictus Master Chief

After five years, got the Palm Fossil to complete the museum collection. Got my final Stardrop from it, but it goes into your inventory instead of automatically eating it like all the others.

On a lark, I decided to see if the Stardrop was able to be sold. So I went to my farm's sell box and opened it. It triggered the Stardrop cutscene automatically, and I popped it in my mouth as usual. Except when it finished, I still had the stardrop, and my iridium hoe is gone. Seems doing that causes you to eat whatever item you have selected instead of the stardrop, and in this case I ate my Iridium Hoe.

Also, going to select the stardrop afterwards caused a second cutscene, and even more energy added, so now I have 542 energy instead of the 508 before.

• Iomega0318

Iomega0318 Big Damn Hero

I just have to laugh at this lol.. that's quite funny that you ate your Iridium Hoe, unfortunate but funny :p

BlueChimera and ChaosAzeroth like this.
                    • lew1sdownes

lew1sdownes Space Hobo

I've lost my hoe by dying in the mines and I haven't received one back after a few in game days. This is also on iPad so can someone please help. Thank you