1. This forum is archived for reference. For support & bug reports visit the help section of forums.stardewvalley.net

Bug/Issue No suitable graphics card found.

Discussion in 'Support' started by Disane87, Dec 13, 2018.

1. Disane87

Disane87 Space Hobo

Hello together,

I jist bought Stardew Valley on Steam and want to play it. On my desktop and my laptop it wont start and only shows me the following message:

upload_2018-12-13_17-29-7.png

I have tried google and worked on all the solutions fr that problem, but the issue persists.
    I dont think its an gfx card issue, because it should run more than smoothly with this cards.

Specs:
    Desktop: i7-6600k, Windows 10 Pro (x64), 16GB RAM, MSI Geforce GTX 1050ti
    Laptop: i7-7700HQ, Windows 10 Pro (x64), 16GB RAM, Nvidia GTX 1050

I tried really alost everything, in BIOS (deactivating Intel HD gfx card), some pretty strange .dll copy jobs, uninstalling gfx drivers, updating gfx drivers, updating bios, uninstalled stardew valley and reinstalled it, reinstalled xna framework, using comtaible modes, but nothing works.

Hint:
    I'm a developer and have Visual Studio 2017 installed on both machines.
    I really want to play that game! :-(

Does anybody have the same?

• Parrotte

Parrotte Supernova

We have a GTX 1050ti and Stardew runs fine, so I can at least assure you that it's not a graphics card issue.

• Disane87

Disane87 Space Hobo

Yeah, thats my thought too. Something is very strange in here.

I just searched for the errorlogs in %APPDATA%\Roaming\StardewValley\ but this folder doesn't exists

• Disane87

Disane87 Space Hobo

Just tested it with my mac and it works flawlessly. Only on my two windows machines its crashing.

Windows Version on my laptop:
          Code:
          Microsoft Windows 10 Enterprise 64-Bit 1803

• Disane87

Disane87 Space Hobo

I just reinstalled the laptop (because I needed it for some other reasons) and now it works. Pretty strange though