1. Welcome to the Starbound support forums. Please check the support FAQs before posting: http://playstarbound.com/support

No startup after steam says ''syncing'' (problem most likely steam options related)

Discussion in 'Starbound Support' started by vliegendetapir, Dec 21, 2016.

1. vliegendetapir

vliegendetapir Void-Bound Voyager

When i start up starbound it briefly says running, then syncing and then it just does nothing, i've done all the normal stuff like fresh install and ''verify integrity of game cache'' i even went to such lengths as to upgrade to windows 10 from 7 to see if that's the problem.

Here's how the problem started: i was playing and had graphic problems, so i shut down and used ''launch options'' in the game properties and set it to the right dimensions (-w 1600 and -h 900) after i did this it would not start up again, ''-autoconfig'' doesn't work either. I can start the game by running it from directory in my steam folder so i highly suspect the problem is with how steam starts it up.

If anybody is willing to help i would be very grateful, i've seen similair posts about this problem but no solutions, but with this information i hope we can get somewhere.

Thanks in advance.

2. Iris Blanche

Iris Blanche Pudding Paradox Forum Moderator

Please attach the full log located in your storage directory. It's named starbound.log (will show up as "starbound" when you don't have file extensions shown). There are also more logs (.1-.5). These are logs from the sessions before. If you didn't had start the game after the error i don't need them. Use the "Upload a File" button to select and attach the log.

~ Iris ~

3. Healthire

Healthire Can't Most Program the Least

Make sure you've updated to the latest version of Starbound, and also see if there is an updated version of Steam.

4. vliegendetapir

Thank you for your time, here is the log.

Attached Files:

5. vliegendetapir

I am on the latest version of starbound, this is not a problem that only recently occured, it started a couple months ago.