1. This forum is archived for reference. For support & bug reports visit the help section of forums.stardewvalley.net

Bug/Issue No Saved Games Found :(

Discussion in 'Support' started by thetacosniper, Mar 7, 2016.

1. thetacosniper

thetacosniper Space Hobo

Alright, brief summary of what happened. I installed the game on my laptop and my save automatically showed up there. After playing a few hours and saving while online and connected to the internet, I turned off my laptop and went off to eat food. After turning my laptop back on and connecting back to the internet my it said No Saved Games Found, I figured that it must just be an issue with my laptop so I waited until I got back home, and it was gone on my main computer too :( . I was about 18 hours into the game and am willing to try anything. Love the game but now its all gone :(

The saves still show up in the %appdata% folder but doesn't show up in game :(

• Afterscore

Afterscore Weight of the Sky

What files are in your appdata folder? You should have one file with your character name and another called SaveGameInfo. Is that right?

thetacosniper likes this.
      • thetacosniper

thetacosniper Space Hobo

Yea, there is one called Brandon_116745399 and SaveGameInfo but under Type it just says File if that has anything to do with it. Dang steam cloud sync screwing things up!!!! *waves fist angrily in the air*

• Afterscore

No they say the same for me too.

Make a new character, skip through the cutscenes and save the game.

Go back to appdata and move the SaveGameInfo file from the NEW character to the file with your old character, replacing it. Make a backup of your characters folder if you would like.

Load the game up and see if your original character shows again.

• thetacosniper

thetacosniper Space Hobo

They both show up as the new one :(

• Afterscore

In the load screen they will, but once you load the save associated with your old character it will load that character.

Edit- You can delete the new character you made for the sake of getting a fresh SaveGameInfo from your appdata folder too. You no longer require that character.

• thetacosniper

thetacosniper Space Hobo

loading it up crashes the game :(

Edit: it also makes a new Brandon_117000264 ( the number from the new character made ) in the folder of the old save

• Afterscore

Huh. More serious than a corrupt savegameinfo.

That should have fixed the problem but there appears to be something more going on.

Quick question, did you do any save file editing before this happened?

• thetacosniper

thetacosniper Space Hobo

save file editing as in modding or something? If so then no, i've only played the game and saved it and stuff

• Afterscore

Any chance you can upload your save file as well as the original savegameinfo? I want to take a quick look if possible

• thetacosniper

thetacosniper Space Hobo

here :) ( BTW thanks for being so helpful and patient)

Attached Files:

• Afterscore

And I can see the problem.

Your save files are corrupt.

This is what your Character Save looks like and this is what your SaveGameInfo looks like.

They should look like this and this. At this point your only option would be to message ConcernedApe and hope that he sees your message and offers to help fix your saves. If I had to take a guess I'd say that this has something to do with Steam Cloud Saving not saving properly or being disconnected before it could finish saving. If not that, the only other times I've seen the same NULL problems have been after save file editing but as you haven't done that it's hard to say what exactly caused the problem.

Either way those files are toast unless CA can help.

• thetacosniper

thetacosniper Space Hobo

Alright thanks :( Do you know how I would be able to contact CA?

• Afterscore

Through his Twitter is your best bet. He replies out to tweets very frequently so it's possible he will see it and might be able to help.