RP No Man's Land- Chapter 2: Off the Rails (On Hiatus)

Discussion in 'Role Playing' started by Roland Weiss, Jan 17, 2017.

1. Dipdoo

Dipdoo Existential Complex

"Well, as long as you stay true to the law, I wish you luck."

2. BlueShard

BlueShard Giant Laser Beams

He nods.

3. Roland Weiss

Roland Weiss Tiy's Beard

The guard scans them and hands them back to you. "Alright, get onboard, the train should be leaving promptly."
    This car seems to have mainly UD personnel, while the majority of the mercs are riding in the next couple of cars.
    You get distracted by a large three metre tall robot that seems to be watching the larger group of mercs.
    Quite of few of the mercs have joined in as 'teams', with a request that they be deployed as units. This might cause some trouble down the line when a few of their members are lost to attrition. There are a few who look like they wouldn't have passed muster under normal circumstances, they'll probably be the first ones to die. A couple of the mercs have been labelled as potentially 'difficult to handle', reasons being due to 'personality issues'; a couple who are 'infirm' for one reason or another; and of course there's that massive robot who might seem awesome at first glance, but has been labelled 'high maintenance' due 'energy requirements'.

Dragonclaw and HunterC1998 like this.
  4. HunterC1998

HunterC1998 Cosmos Killer

He looks at that robot, seeing what to make of it, and why there's a robot on a passenger train.

5. Arra

Arra The End of Time

Maxwell hops into the train, Kronos following quickly behind him
    " So what's a sophisticated girl like you doing here, Rook? "

6. Jareix Cryvix

Jareix Cryvix The Waste of Time

When it comes her turn, she discards her eight pair.

7. Dipdoo

Dipdoo Existential Complex

Ramsey looks to nod off, his eyes mostly closing as he leans forward slightly.

8. Roland Weiss

Roland Weiss Tiy's Beard

Normally something like that would be in cargo, but it happens to be here. It's clearly a military robot, or something, as it appears to be heavily armoured, armed and ready for trouble. Though it seems to be showing curiosity?

"Sophisticated?" She lets out an amused chuckle. "First I heard that one. I'm just tagging along with a few of my friends."
    The replacements you draw a two of clubs, and a three of hearts.
    "So, what brings you on this merry train ride, little lady?"

---

@Everyone
    A telltale warble is heard, warning that the doors are closing, followed by a distinct electrical hum as the train trundles forward.
    The train's PA system sounds a chime. "Good morning ladies and gentlemen, we are now departing. We will be arriving at our destination in a little over an hour; so please make yourselves comfortable. Breakfast will be provided momentarily."

9. Arra

Arra The End of Time

Maxwell smiles, chuckling in return. He takes off his hood and looks around a bit, rubbing his neck as the PA system is heard
    " Ah. That seems nice....Hey, If I may, What kinda augments do you have? I'm not chrome-shy...Heh. I even built mine. But yours look really nice...Who'd you get to make yours, or did you do it yourself? "

He leans back onto Kronos, beeping in annoyance as he keeps Maxwell up

10. Jareix Cryvix

"Cash... Adventure... Distraction from baby sitting... The usual..."

11. HunterC1998

He just looks away, not in the mood for a Short Circuit story, looking back to Jade, "Quite the company.."

@Arra

12. critsarecool

critsarecool The Waste of Time

He frowns slightly. This is a bit concerning, too much inexperience, seems that there will be plenty of troublemakers as well. He barely notices the train moving, paying it no mind. And that robot, I'll need to inspect this myself. He marks each respective merc as either fodder, infirm, troublemakers, or undecided, as well as grouping them together into their respective units, leaving those alone separate. Once this is finished, he shuts of the keyboard, keeping the dossier of the robot up and on the edge of his vision just in case he needs to look over it. He takes a moment to locate the hulking metal figure, and goes to him, standing in front of him. He gives out a low whistle. 'Dang, those are some pretty hefty armaments you've got there.' Kaizen motions to Tim's arms.
    @themushroomlord

13. Arra

Arra The End of Time

" Heh...yeah..."

HunterC1998 likes this.
  14. HunterC1998

((Huh...Didn't post..))

"Think any of them will be worth relying on?"

15. Dragonclaw

Dragonclaw Supernova

Since he obviously belongs with the other mercs, he heads down to whatever car they're in.

16. BlueShard

Alistair relaxes into his seat, propping his rifle case which I forgot to mention he had up next to him.

17. Roland Weiss

Roland Weiss Tiy's Beard

As she mentions them, Rook gives you better look at some of her augments. "Mainly the usual replacement prostheses. Both arms, my eyes and part of my skeletal structure. I've also got a DNI jack and an implant computer. As for if I made them myself, I wish; but I'm not that good. Fixing stuff, sure, making from whole cloth? I've still go a way to go. Most of the stuff I fiddle with is regular old robotics."
    He discards and draws a couple cards. "Baby sitting? Yeah, that certainly isn't a fun time."
    You pass through a dining car, the staff of which are little busy with getting food to the other cars, before arriving at the car that has the highest concentration of mercs.
    The electrical hum from the train's maglev motors is just loud enough to be noticeable with the relative quiet. An attendant rolls a cart laden with cardboard food boxes near to you. "Excuse me, care for some breakfast?"

Dragonclaw likes this.
  18. Jareix Cryvix

((Who won the hand?))
    "Well, that depends... On one hand, she's a walking army with the murder capacity of a raider troupe... On the other hand, she has the mental intelligence of a seven year old crossed with a feral hyena... Fun times indeed..."

19. BlueShard

Alistair nods.

"I would love some breakfast"

20. Arra

Arra The End of Time

" Doubtfully....But...yeah...none of them..."

He smiles slightly, looking them over with a keen interest, then looking back to you with a warm smile
    " Heh...That's really nice...I don't have a computer, nor a DNI jack...But, I have blades and a little mag launcher...bout it..."

HunterC1998 likes this.