RP No Man's Land- Chapter 2: Off the Rails (On Hiatus)

Discussion in 'Role Playing' started by Roland Weiss, Jan 17, 2017.

1. Roland Weiss

Roland Weiss Tiy's Beard

"Yours is a cargo train, sunshine. And our leader's probably a greasy smudge on the side of the road."
    ---
    ((See below, then))
    "So you admit you're a savage? Grand. Maybe you should read your contract next time? Just sayin'. And what we did was deny you and yours the supplies on this train. Wanted the lift the whole thing, but we can't have everything."
    "I'm lucky for that? No, you're lucky. That's not my throat!" She lets out a huff, wiping at the lead splatter on the shoulder of her suit. "Anyway, what the hell are you two doing out here, besides trying to kill each other?"
    There seems to be an altercation in the distance, but you can't see it clearly with all the dust.

HunterC1998 and Dragonclaw like this.
  2. themushroomlord

themushroomlord Pangalactic Porcupine

"Shit", Tim moves to get a better look at the reck.

Nibolas O Anelbozas likes this.
  3. BlueShard

BlueShard Giant Laser Beams

Alistair scowls, re-entering the train car, looking for resources to salvage.

4. Dragonclaw

Dragonclaw Supernova

"You really have no idea what I was going to do..."
    Aden says this first part to himself.
    "Trying to find the cargo car. Someone was looking for a doctor."

5. HunterC1998

HunterC1998 Cosmos Killer

"Yeah and this Savage wants the peace and quiet that comes with completing this damn rail, I doubt your true leader would have been in this hellstorm, where's the big man, the coordinator?"

Last edited: Mar 22, 2017
  6. Arra

Arra The End of Time

Maxwell steps a little closer to Rook
    " Thought he was a raider. "

Jade leans over to him, smiling slightly
    " Well...I can tell you one thing you're right about. "

7. Roland Weiss

Roland Weiss Tiy's Beard

The cars are in almost parallel lines, having almost folded together like a deck of cards. You see a few people standing outside one of the cars, one seems to be much larger than the others.
    Anything worth salvaging has already been picked up by the other mercs; unless you plan on scrapping the car itself. Well, in this car, anyway.
    "Uh," She looks behind, then points a thumb towards the next car down the line. "Cargo's over there. I guess you're looking for Doc Fawkes then."
    "Oh, completing the rail won't lead to peace and quiet. Hell, we had peace and quiet before the rail was laid down; for all of a year after the war ended. As for the 'big man', we don't have just one. Having a keystone is bad planning you know? I'll give you a name though since you're so interested; the Phoenix council."
    "Well he isn't; he's not even wearing the same colours. Unless he's a mole, so I'mma just follow him so he doesn't do anything inappropriate to the Doc. 'Course, Ronnie should also be there, so he'll have to try real hard."
    ---
    "How are you sure? I could be talking shit for all you know."

Dragonclaw likes this.
  8. themushroomlord

Tim approaches the group trying to gauge wether they are hostile or not.

9. Dipdoo

Dipdoo Existential Complex

"Grand little trip." He steps away from his fallen car and looks around for anyone recognizable.

10. HunterC1998

"Phoenix council...Has the ring to it...Keep going.."

11. Arra

Arra The End of Time

Maxwell nods a bit, smiling slightly
    " You okay Rook? "

" Haha. No, I was saying you were right when you said your leader was a grease smudge. Now. Keep talking. Please. "
    She motions him to keep going with the baton

12. Dragonclaw

Dragonclaw Supernova

Aden starts going in the direction of the cargo car, taking off his mask as he goes.
    "I specifically said not to attack me... stupid mask..."

13. Roland Weiss

Roland Weiss Tiy's Beard

They're heading towards one of the train cars; one of the is clearly armed, though keeping it low. You can hear some conversation.
    You see a trio headed for one of the neighbouring train cars. You might've seen one of them earlier in passing.
    "So yeah, don't expect to just take out a linchpin and have the whole thing fall over; besides, ours is not the only group who wants to see this railroad fail."
    "I'm as fine as anyone can be after all this." She turns to follow Aden. "You coming with?"
    ---
    "No, I said he was 'probably' a grease smudge on the side of the road. Try to keep up."
    You hear the heavy footfalls of the exosuit this 'Rook' is wearing. "With all this dust, I don't think the mask would've changed much. We're in friendly fire central here."

Dragonclaw likes this.
  14. Arra

Arra The End of Time

Maxwell stays beside her, kinda like a puppy...

Jade rolls her eyes, tapping his knee a little harder with the baton

15. Dipdoo

Dipdoo Existential Complex

He starts out towards them, waving with the cane. He interrupts the wave midway and frowns. 'Damnit. My rifle was in storage... Maybe it's fine.' He finishes his wave after the thought, picking up his pace.

16. HunterC1998

Lance moves his gun barrel to aim at one of his knees when he's snappy at Jade, "Answer the woman nicely or you lose a joint and gain some lead..."

17. Dragonclaw

Dragonclaw Supernova

"I know... maybe I should buy one of those white flags..."

18. themushroomlord

Tim follows the group, not really marking an effort to remain hidden but ready his weapons anyway.

19. Roland Weiss

Roland Weiss Tiy's Beard

Rook sighs and shakes her head. "Geez, if people didn't know better they'd might think you were my little brother."
    There's a second loud stomping noise, clearly louder than Rook's suit.
    ---
    "Ow! Idi nahui, lady!"
    They're not looking your way, you'll have to get their attention more directly.
    "Man, you guys are the worst interrogators ever. Normally there'd be a good guy, bad guy routine, maybe some attempt to trade favours? But now, you act like the kind of savages who would flatten a city with artillery to make a point! You're so incensed by words that it's kinda funny to get under your skin."
    "Right... I bet there's a corner store just around the bend that sells just that..." Rook walks up to the door of the cargo car, frowning at the fact that it's a little to horizontal to just walk through. "Give me a minute, I'll widen this up." There's a bright flash as she fires up her suit's arm-mounted cutting torch, and gets to work.
    Audible even over the sound of the torch is another stomping thing.
    Your footfalls shake the ground, so subtlety wasn't going to be an option anyway.

Last edited: Mar 23, 2017
    Dragonclaw likes this.
  20. HunterC1998

He just smiles at him and and prods his knee with his gun, "Trust me, I'll end the fun faster than you can blink, now I'm getting tired of this, where can we find this council?"