Modding Discussion [No longer Taking Requests] Making Custom Lightsabers for a Limited time

Discussion in 'Starbound Modding' started by Zanderfel, Jan 26, 2017.

1. MeKa6600

MeKa6600 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Bro...., I'm with you here, You're the first person that respond my first mod request and how the hell I'm not being positive with you, Bro.....listen up......, I use to have so many problem to been trough but I deal with it anyway, My mom always said "Do not think of the future, Do not think of the past, Just think about right here right now......" Witch mean think about what are you doing right now.

I hope this massage will make you feel better.
    -Manoon

ImHereForTheMods and Zanderfel like this.
  2. ImHereForTheMods

ImHereForTheMods Cosmic Narwhal

How ya hangin' in there buddy?

3. Zanderfel

Zanderfel Big Damn Hero

not good to be honest...I have spent many days with zero drive to do anything productive, I hate it really...I know that I enjoy playing and modding games and the like but I just cant build up enough energy to do it :(

all my family members have had their surgery and the proper chemo-therapy and test show that everything is ok...minus one bladder that my dad had to have removed.

but im having a very hard time pulling myself out of this round of darkness.....

4. ImHereForTheMods

Oh... sorry to hear about all that....
    I can relate to part of your situation. I find it hard sometimes to move myself to work on mods, and often, I too end up neglecting to do so.

Yes... it is really hard when you enjoy something, but you can't even work up the willpower to do that.

At least it sounds like things are going to work out okay in the end for your family members, so at least you have that.
    It may be the stress too, of this whole situation. It must be hard to do much of anything with so much on your mind.

Don't worry though, I'm sure the lightsabers can wait a while. Little odd I say this as mine is done, but even if it weren't would say the same.

I'm not really sure what to say as to how to pull yourself out of all that.. unfortunately I ain't no expert on depression, so, I don't really know what to do. All I know is it must be a hard thing to deal with.

But maybe what you need to do, is in fact what you are having trouble doing? Perhaps you need to do something you enjoy?
    Not entirely sure, but.. yeah.

Hang in there buddy. I know it must be difficult.

5. Zanderfel

Zanderfel Big Damn Hero

thanks for the advice, I will find a way to get my shit together..I always do

6. NovaJ

NovaJ Sandwich Man

hey is this still an active thread??

7. Zanderfel

Zanderfel Big Damn Hero

yes it is

8. NovaJ

NovaJ Sandwich Man

sweet can i get a lightsaber?

9. ImHereForTheMods

You are welcome. Good to hear! =)
    I believe he closed requests for lightsabers some time ago. There was a deadline in the post name, but it doesn't appear to be there anymore.

Last edited: May 8, 2017
  10. Zanderfel

Zanderfel Big Damn Hero

ok I am going to have alot of time this and next weekend so my goals are to finally finish the floran sabers, compile and upload what has been done so far into an actual mod pack for public use.

also I have combed thru the particulars for the avian sabers and found some bugs and general mistakes I made, all which have been fixed. This will be included in the pack.

I want to also say thanks again for the positive comments regarding my mental status. These comments and posts helped to get me out of the dark void I was in. Progress is slow but I am starting to be able to enjoy games like minecraft and steep once again
    and I've already got the itch to start playing/modding starbound once again...although ol' chucklefish sure is taking their time on this most epic new patch! but I know it'll be super amazing from the time and effort they are putting in it :)

on a side note I want to add Vergil from DMC to the game but I want his yamato to be sheathed when idle but when he attacks I want the scabbard to remain in the original hand, then after each attack I want him to re sheath the katana in different ways
    so if you do not continue the combo then he will sheath the katana..or you can complete the combo. I hope that made sense!?

11. ImHereForTheMods

Sounds like a good goal! Looking forward to seeing that floral saber, looks like it's gonna be amazing when it's finished!

No problem, just glad that we could help you out. I know what it's like to feel down, and I personally, am just happy that we could make you feel a bit better! Good to hear the positive progress! Wish you all the best!

Yes, it does seem like a pretty awesome new update, MECHS! Haha, sounds, and looks awesome, from what I've seen!

I'm not sure what this Vergil thing is, but I'm sure whatever it is, you could do a pretty awesome job on it! You're really good with custom animations and all that fun stuff, haha.

Look forward to seeing more of your work, as always. = ]

Zanderfel likes this.
  12. ImHereForTheMods

To be honest, you could probably use coding / animations similar to the lightsabers for a katana that sheaths when not being used for a lil bit, cause, you could edit the animation, like the lightsaber.

Like, when the lightsaber usually retracts / turns off, perhaps you could have the katana rotate and sheath.

So, just like using the general coding like lightsabers, but adjusting the sprites for a katana.
    At least I think that's how it works, not all that familiar with sprites / animations, haha.

Just an idea. =)

Zanderfel likes this.
  13. THEKraken

THEKraken Void-Bound Voyager

Zanderfel hope you are doing well.:)

Zanderfel likes this.
  14. Daldril

Daldril Subatomic Cosmonaut

Dear Mr.Zanderfel,

I have been absent for a while and saw that I still had this tab open, to keep tabs on your progress and then I read about all your actual progress (mod aside) and I must say, that I am very proud of you! Great job hanging in there despite all the challenges! All I came back to check was to see if you had already released the modpack of your awesome creations - me being a tad too impatient - and then reading about your actual life that matters so humungously (read:infinty+1) more than these measilily mods! Happy that joy came back, both to create and enjoy - I found that in difficult situations, ie. family sickness, that I worked best by being constructive, making things, new things. I couldn't help my family except for being there for them, talking with them - but I figured that I could do that even better, if was thinking good about myself - and making things, music, photography - how I wish I could mod - yes, making things made me think better of myself and helped me with my mood. Passivity is also a big sucker, who likes to hang around us, who seem a little sad or depressed. So being active / modding / riding steep = a job well done :)
    Furthermore DMC = Love and in my taste is Vergil the better choice lore / arts style wise than Dante with his huge-ass ass ... and sword ;) looking forward seeing what you pull out of your a...arm! Oh, and ja, can't really wait for chuckle's next patch ... spaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaace!

<3

Zanderfel likes this.
  15. ImHereForTheMods

Been quiet for a bit, how things going for ya, buddy?

16. Zanderfel

Zanderfel Big Damn Hero

wife got skin cancer on her leg, she had a major chunk of her leg removed so i have had to take care of her for a week or two....well still ongoing really. so ive had to halt production altogether on modding, which I didn't want to do.

btw you should friend me on steam...my name is Zanderfel on there

17. ImHereForTheMods

I'm really sorry to hear about that.... That must be really hard to deal with. =\
    How is she doing? Is she getting better?

I can totally understand. Family comes first.

I will try and do that.

18. Zanderfel

Zanderfel Big Damn Hero

she is doing better now that the incision is healing...but there is a rather large indentation on her shin now which im sure will give her mental anguish

19. THEKraken

THEKraken Void-Bound Voyager

Really sorry to hear that
    Like he said family comes first.

20. Zanderfel

Zanderfel Big Damn Hero

just wanted everyone to know I'm still alive and most of the family misfortune has passed :)

I'm currently playing starbound 1.3 whenever I can so I can get my motivation on track.

I want to say that I'm sorry for the delay as I didnt see all that coming, but Im hoping that I can get back to it soon

Daldril, fluffyfloran and xaliber like this.