1. Welcome to the Starbound support forums. Please check the support FAQs before posting: http://playstarbound.com/support

Closed No Longer Have Alpha Sector Tab (Enraged Koala)?

Discussion in 'Starbound Support' started by jaz, Feb 19, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jaz

jaz Void-Bound Voyager

Hey all, I don't know if anybody else has had this problem, but since I updated to Enraged Koala, I seem to have lost access to Alpha Sector.

While I can make a new game, I start in Alpha, but I can't set a home, nor if I unlock new sectors can I go back to Alpha. I've tried to delete all my player and universe data and it still remains the same, then reinstalled Starbound and still no luck.

Previously, I had a host of mods installed, which I uninstalled after the patch was installed. I'm not entirely sure what I should do about this. Anybody else have this issue/?

uHu and zxcorp like this.
  2. Phones

Phones Void-Bound Voyager

Got the same thing.

3. Akado

Akado Oxygen Tank

I have this issue, and I had no mods installed. Haven't ever had mods installed, either!

This only occurs on NEW characters for me, my OLD character (with missing storage containers and no shiplocker) can travel to the Alpha Sector.

deing likes this.
  4. Moved to in-game/billing support sub-forum =3

Uxt likes this.
  5. Akado

Akado Oxygen Tank

Stalker! You're following me aren't you!? Oh my gosh...this is awesome!

On-Topic, I posted this in the General Bug Reports megathread.

Ἄνουβις likes this.
  6. Shaden

Shaden Void-Bound Voyager

Same here, playing new character after ship locker disappearance on first. No alpha tab.

uHu likes this.
  7. stickyflypaper

stickyflypaper Aquatic Astronaut

Hi folks. I am having this same issue now. Started a new character after chests on my ship disappeared and game crashed when opening ship storage, (that issue is fixed now, thank goodness) gave all my remaining stuff to the new character and unlocked beta sector. But now I can't set home or go back to the Alpha sector with my new character, where, of course, I left all my stuff :^(

8. pipirupi123

pipirupi123 Void-Bound Voyager

hey folks i had the same problem and i manage to fix mine by putting back my Universe folder i backed up prior to the v. Enraged Koala patch

9. nanenj

nanenj Intergalactic Tourist

I seem to have encountered this issue as well, I have no universe backup to go back to. (That's a rather kludgy fix to be deemed acceptable anyways.)

10. Daimoth

Daimoth Scruffy Nerf-Herder

From the other thread:

uHu likes this.
  11. SpitefulCrow57

SpitefulCrow57 Orbital Explorer

My wife and I are having the same problem on two separate machines. No Alpha sector and can't set home.

12. Valras

Valras Space Hobo

I've got the same problem. After my first character lost his shiplocker and some chests, I started a new one. I cant set home with him and also cant travel back to alpha sector. I hope this could be fixed quickly.

uHu likes this.
  13. deing

deing Void-Bound Voyager

I have exaclty the same problem =(

14. Spike Rose

Spike Rose Scruffy Nerf-Herder

You'd think they would test this stuff before they roll it out...add another one to the people experiencing this glitch. I sense another character/world/ship/wholefrickingthing wipe coming again soon. At least I know it's not because of a mod I'm testing, but with the games updates altogether.

15. Daimoth

Daimoth Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Spoken like a person who's never developed software.

Whitlinger Doodle Do likes this.
  16. SpitefulCrow57

SpitefulCrow57 Orbital Explorer

We can set home planets now but still not alpha sector.

17. Spike Rose

I tried that myself, at first the "home" icon appears when I zoom out yet the "teleport to home" function causes the game to hang, and "go home" doesn't do anything. Yet after just fiddling with it for awhile it started to work. Still no Alpha sector button though.
    Thank you, no I don't make software.

18. newtype06

newtype06 Void-Bound Voyager

I can warp home, but I can't return to the alpha sector...

19. Maltek Xeras

Maltek Xeras Space Hobo

Having the same problem, Searching for solutions

20. Spike Rose

I suppose for anyone not wanting to download a "survival-friendly" mod in order to return to Alpha Sector, a possible fix is to set your home planet in that sector (may have to fiddle with what planet/solar system you're on before it works) and use the "Go Home" button to set yourself back to that sector. At least until this bug gets squashed, this is a possible fix for anyone else browsing this topic. It worked for me.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.