1. This forum is archived for reference. For support & bug reports visit the help section of forums.stardewvalley.net

Bug/Issue No enter invite code/show invite code

Discussion in 'Support' started by zoln, Jan 14, 2019.

1. zoln

zoln Space Hobo

So today I was trying to play multiplayer with my friend but I didn't have the show invite code below the multiplayer settings and I've been trying to search a fix for about 3 hours with no success.
    I have tried
    Opting into beta and opting out
    Disabling firewall and antivirus
    Deleting saves folder
    Uninstalling and installing stardew valley again
    Inviting my friend from steam overlay but I didn't have the invite to play button
    Installing Visual C++ Redistributable 2013
    Checking if my pc is plugged into the wall
    but none of these have worked and I'm not using any mods and I am launching through steam not a shortcut

• zoln

zoln Space Hobo

Update: I found a fix for myself by going on a second account in steam and enabling family library sharing and playing stardew valley from the second account.

To enable family sharing you need to go on your second account and there should be stardew valley and you need to press play and another window should pop up and say "This game belongs to Steam user (your name). Would you like to request access to (your name)'s games on this device? then you need to press request access. after you press it another window should pop up and on the left bottom corner it says send request and you need to press that and then it should say "Your email request has been sent" after that you have to go to your steam email and there should be an email about it and you need to press give access to pc after you've done that you should be able to launch stardew valley from your second account and have the enter invite code/show invite code buttons. I hope this helps you!