No Cellar Entrance??? Help!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by HavElizabeth, May 15, 2018.

1. HavElizabeth

HavElizabeth Void-Bound Voyager

So I upgraded my farmhouse with the 100k upgrade and I wasn't aware of where the cellar entrance would appear so I didnt move any of my chests out of the way but now the upgrade is done and I tried moving the chests but the cellar entrance doesn't exist. What do I do??

• everfreefire

everfreefire Big Damn Hero

Mind taking a picture so we can see what you are seeing?

• HavElizabeth

[​IMG] [​IMG]
        So this is the inside even though I've done the final upgrade

Attached Files:

• HavElizabeth

The outside shows that I have done the upgrade

Attached Files:

• everfreefire

Well, color me surprised. Never seen that happen. For what it's worth, can you try walking where the entrance would be and see if it works? Or seeing what happens if you try talking to Robin again? Just kinda trying to come up with ways to fix it. I assume loading an old save is out of the question.

• HavElizabeth

I tried both before asking. If I try going in where the entrance would be, nothing happens, and if I go talk to Robin, only the store with the furniture comes up. There isn't even an option to upgrade my coops or barns anymore. It's really strange.

• everfreefire

May need to post this in the Bugs forums. Something definitely is going weird.

HavElizabeth likes this.
                • HavElizabeth

Thanks, I'll try that

• Clovis_Sangrail

Clovis_Sangrail Subatomic Cosmonaut

Look on the positive side --

With no access to the cellar, you won't be tempted to abuse it.

HavElizabeth likes this.
                    • HavElizabeth

That is true, thankfully someone from support was able to help me out and get it fixed.

• ShneekeyTheLost

ShneekeyTheLost Master Astronaut

I'm curious how you can 'abuse' the Cellar...

HavElizabeth likes this.
                        • HavElizabeth

I was agreeing out of politeness but if you find out, let me know

• everfreefire

• Stryder87

Stryder87 Giant Laser Beams

By NOT filling it with Casks. :giggle:

• Clovis_Sangrail

Some people are of the opinion that building too many casks is abusing the system.

• ShneekeyTheLost

ShneekeyTheLost Master Astronaut

That's... an interesting viewpoint. One I don't happen to share, but everyone is entitled to their opinion.

Casks really aren't a very profitable thing, if only because of the timescale involved. It takes two MONTHS to double the value of a bottle of a given wine. Half a year.

To give you an idea of how not-profitable that is, let's go with the gold standard for profit: ancient fruit. Now, if you had 116 ancient fruit in your greenhouse, and turned them all into wine every week, then you could convert one harvest every two months, or roughly 1/8th of your ancient fruit wine. You would need a couple of sheds or a deluxe barn to do the actual brewing in, but you could do it. OR you could instead fill it with brewing kegs, NOT need a building dedicated to brewing, and be able to brew ancient fruit wine nonstop in your cellar with zero above-ground footprint. Especially for a mountain or river farm, that's pretty substantial.

Casks have underperformed ever since they showed up in the 1.2 update. They can at least create some kind of profit, but not enough to warrant being called 'abusing the system' by any means.

• everfreefire

Once again, not as cute as you think you are.

Just to clarify for people wondering about their comments and mine in response, there was a conversation in regards to farmhand housing upgrades and whether or not they included a cellar.

That's the entirety of the conversation.

Last edited: May 18, 2018
                                  • Clovis_Sangrail

I am not intending to be cute, and I do apologize if it came across that way.

But I am intending to elicit an apology for your initial assertion that one who does not play the game the way you think it should be played is abusing the system, and that has yet to come in any of your responses.

And so, since I doubt said apology will be forthcoming, I believe I shall just go abuse the system by creating as many casks as I can stuff into my forest farm celler. Even if I cannot build additional cellars, I shall still become the wine king of Stardew Valley, your disapprobation notwithstanding.

• everfreefire

Amusing, since I have the maximum with allowable walking room in my main cellar. Where ever you got the idea that I ever said using the cellar you have to the full potential is a problem is wrong.

Also, you are making it sound like I was personally attacking you, demanding an apology.

Last edited: May 18, 2018
                                      • ladymurasaki

ladymurasaki Star Wrangler

What a weird thread. I guess the word "abuse" is too provocative to describe a goofy mechanic in this game that's already tempered by the fact that it takes Months for wine to turn purple. So if you have one full cellar or 4 full ones, what does it really matter? You'll make a billion millions and still have nothing much to spend it on.

So you're the richest SDV player in the world!! And ...what? Nobody cares. In a game that can be modded, there's no legitimate First Place winner here.

Play your way or don't play at all. It's not life.