No baby?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by kidkid123, Feb 20, 2018.

1. kidkid123

kidkid123 Phantasmal Quasar

My spouse asked me if i wanted a baby..i said yes, but no baby:wut:..i am in spring year 3.. does it take some time or what?

• BentFX

BentFX Cosmic Narwhal

• kidkid123

thank you:p

BentFX likes this.
      • BouncingCactus

BouncingCactus Big Damn Hero

Which is rather quick if you think about it, since it usually takes about 3/4th's of a year. Obviously the valley is under some fey Fertility spell, that's why pregnancies takes the equivalent of 1½ moths and your soil's nutrients never deplete. Perhaps also why the animals occasionally spontaneously gets pregnant.

• ladymurasaki

ladymurasaki Star Wrangler

Winter year 5, I finally got a "goat gave birth" event. Then like 4 days later, the same goat had another kid (hehe). Baby chicks growing up in 3 days and laying eggs is weird enough. At least you don't have incapacitated animals being pregnant (with an expensive potion) for a month in this game.

• kidkid123

all animals are females..i have no ideea how they get pregnant:wut:..i also don't know why i gave them male names:)) (my pig pumba:))

• Cramped Sultana

Cramped Sultana Big Damn Hero

When I adopted my first pig, Marnie specifically said "I'll send him to his new home" and when I went to greet it, it told me "he" was getting used to his new environment. I have to applaud the game for being progressive because Pierre the Pig has given birth several times.

ChaosAzeroth likes this.
              • ladymurasaki

One of my pigs gave birth 4 times in 2 seasons. Now I have Way too many pigs. Truffles are good but picking up like 20 at a time is a pain, especially when they're hidden in the grass.

• BouncingCactus

BouncingCactus Big Damn Hero

If you find that it bothers you after a while, consider selling some of the pigs for respectable pocket change and lessened back pains

• ladymurasaki

Yeah, just went over 10 mil, bought my gold clock...time to retire? Just a few artifacts short and somehow my crafting achievement won't complete. Maybe it's good enough.

• BentFX

BentFX Cosmic Narwhal

Did you get ALL of the crafting recipes from Robin? There are maybe eight or ten brazier recipes that rely on knowing others. You've got to exit her shopping list, then go back in and another will be unlocked. Also, of course, you need all of the ones from Krobus and the festivals. That was my big struggle with it anyway, just getting all of the recipes.

• Stryder87

Stryder87 Giant Laser Beams

I'm jealous. My animals NEVER give birth (I had one cow give birth out of 6 farms). I was wanting to see if it would be a viable thing to raise and sell animals, but my birthing rate is practically nil. I have a much more reliable stream by raising chickens from eggs and selling those ones, but the price you get for a chicken is pretty small.
                        But, as a side 'hobby' to crops, it's an interesting change from the usual, harvest, keg/jar, cask, sell routine.

• ladymurasaki

Ahh, thanks. Didn't know there's more unlocks after I bought everything else. That must be the problem!

It took til year 6 to get a goat to make babies (2). Then got rid of them all, except pigs which have taken over the farm. They do sell for a good gob of gold when they're full hearts though (10,000?) so I'm okay with the piggy population asplosion.

• Reneeisxena

Reneeisxena Big Damn Hero

In my current play through I said no to the baby request and it hasn't been brought up again. It's been about 28ish days. So, if it is mentioned again and I say no again will they stop asking eventually? I don't mind the spouse but the kids are just so annoying. They just run around the house and even block doors occasionally. So, it's no to kids this time round. This is my first time using a male farmer and he is married to Emily so I don't really know what to expect. She does less than the first play through where I married Harvey, at least he would make me breakfast and fix fences. Emily will maybe once a month feed the animals and water the cat, which she will on occasion forget her name and just say she put water in the farm bowl?!?!? Other than that she just hangs around the house, talks to her parrot or meditates in the yard. If she doesn't drop asking for a kid, I may have to see Lewis for a divorce!

ChaosAzeroth likes this.
                            • nevyn21

nevyn21 Cosmic Narwhal

I married Penny on my most recent farm and she never asked for children once. She has yet to gift me anything either. I believe that if you beat your spouse to bed (10:00pm) you won’t get the event. Your spouse has to be in bed before you for them to ask.