REQUEST No asking for children?

Discussion in 'Mods' started by GreenWombat, Dec 12, 2016.

1. GreenWombat

GreenWombat Cosmic Narwhal

I know there is a mod to remove the cribs and beds from the child room from the second house upgrade but I was wondering if anyone knew of a mod that prevents your spouse from asking if you want kids as well? I'm not that interested in having kids in game and while I realize I can just keep saying no when asked it would be nice to just avoid the hassling entirely.

• RTGOAT

RTGOAT Cosmic Narwhal

Removing the question dialogue in the xnbs (marriage dialogue likely) should prevent that.

• GreenWombat

Good to know but the bigger question is whether someone has made a mod of this. I don't have a clue about modding myself so I was hoping someone had felt similarly and made a mod for it.

• RTGOAT

RTGOAT Cosmic Narwhal

Never a bad time to start learning. You're particular case is very simple and could be done in minutes if you look up a quick xnb tutorial.

• RTGOAT

RTGOAT Cosmic Narwhal

Don't make assumptions.

Code:
            HaveBabyQuestion: "Should we have a baby, {0}?" #!String
            HaveBabyQuestion_Adoption: "Should we adopt a baby, {0}?" #!String
            HaveBabyAnswer_Yes: "Yes" #!String
            HaveBabyAnswer_No: "Not now..." #!String

Located in "Content\Strings\Events.xnb"

• GreenWombat

Okay I've got the files unpacked and found this section but what do I need to change to make it not ask? I was hoping it might have a percentage chance of the question occuring somewhere that I could just set to 0 but it doesn't seem to be that easy :\

• RTGOAT

RTGOAT Cosmic Narwhal

I'm not sure what the condition is that triggers it (I haven't experienced marriage life in the game long enough).
                However, those are conditions handled in game code which are inaccessible from xnbs.

I'm fairly certain (if CA's code is consistent) that there is a condition to check/find the data for that question.
                If so, simply delete those lines of data and the condition will never satisfy, resulting in the spouse never asking!

If I'm wrong, and there is no condition, the game will crash. This means, you would need a SMAPI mod to modify those conditions to prevent crashing.

I'm confident that deleting the data will work for you just fine. :)

• GreenWombat

So if I just delete the two lines regarding our spouse asking about having or adopting a child and that should either work or the game will just randomly crash one night. Well at least that's simple :p

Thanks.

• RTGOAT

RTGOAT Cosmic Narwhal

Let me know if it works out!

• GreenWombat

Will do