1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED Ningen Race Mod 1.8a

Human replace and 90+ hairstyles

1. Roland734

Roland734 Orbital Explorer

Awesome mod but it really needs different eye colors. Green doesn't look good with EVERYTHING. Changing it with undy setting would be handy.

2. killerpokemon

killerpokemon Orbital Explorer

The mod doesn't work for me when I put all the files in the mods folder like you said is this a bug or am I just stupid?

3. MozaikuStar

MozaikuStar Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Did you directly extract the archive into the mod folder?

Each mod needs to be in folders of its own.

Like it should be

Starbound/mods/NingenRaceMod

And all of the other folders should be in that NingenRaceMod folder.

4. killerpokemon

oh so you take the file itself and put it in the mods folder (im using WinRAR)

5. killerpokemon

so I make a file in the mods folder then extract the ningenracemods folders into that folder

6. killerpokemon

7. Meyrime

Meyrime Aquatic Astronaut

I really love this mod. Exactly what I needed. But wouldn't it be better to switch humans current sprites for thoses? I say that because I don't know how you'll look like in multiplayer.
    I would tempted to say that hairstyles only is really good but when I look at those humans in Starbound, "Ningen" are way better...I hope Dev will put those in later updates.

Ainaak likes this.
  8. MozaikuStar

If you replaced human sprites with those then everyone using humans would look like a ningen and you'd look like a human to them.

Changes are client-side only and no one would see the change.

9. NS_Zero

NS_Zero Space Hobo

i cant use this mod again when i had updated the game

i think the mod have to update to new version

10. ODABUTSU

ODABUTSU Subatomic Cosmonaut

11. Meyrime

True. Even though I don't know where human sprites are. The thing is...If I still consider Ningen as a race, different from humans, what will be your looks from the others in multiplayer? Will you look as a human or something glitched?

True. With the new version, we need to "wait" for the update so we can play again. Hope we won't lose anything during the process..

12. MozaikuStar

Like if I were to replace 1 hairstyle with a Ningen one, anyone who created a character with that one hairstyle would end up looking like they have the Ningen one you replaced, on your client that is.

If you picked the replacement Ningen one, you would look like you have that one specific hairstyle that you originally replaced, on other people's clients.

If you wanted to keep the Ningens separate from humans (like have them as their own race, etc), then if you wanted to play multiplayer, the owner of the server would need to integrate the Ningen mod into their servers, or else you won't be able to play with anyone.

13. Shadow Wolf TJC

Shadow Wolf TJC Spaceman Spiff

Say, do you mind if I included the Ningen hairstyles into the Community Hairstyles Pack (even though the licensing states that the assets of this mod may be modified or redistributed without requiring the author's permission)? I really like them (along with anime in general), and I think that they'd be better off as additional hairstyles for the base human race. (I also have an Anime Faces mod uploaded, so the base humans, as well as the other base Starbound races, can still look anime-ish.) You'll be credited for your work.:coffee:

By the way, while updating to the latest Ningen mod, I noticed that you changed "mesu050" into a different hairstyle. Why replace a perfectly nice hairstyle with another one? Why not keep them both?

Hatsya Souji likes this.
  14. Meyrime

So with the current mod, if we keep it like that, I can't play with anyone unless the owner of the server add ningen race mod? Wow it's hard...So if I change the humans files for ningen files (and rename them I think?) I'll be seen as a human from everyone else (With dot eyes and all...oh god, humans seems so emotionless like that) but me I'll see all humans an ningen? Well...I'll have to think about it.

Hatsya Souji likes this.
  15. KONGIKU

KONGIKU Void-Bound Voyager

Hii, just wanted to post and say I really admire your work. It's very cute! Thank you for making this mod available for everyone to try~!

EDIT: BTW ningen means human am i correct?

Last edited: Feb 14, 2014
  16. Hatsya Souji

Hatsya Souji Parsec Taste Tester

Can we come up with our exclusive tiered armor? I might start working on one, or team up with Mio... But we won't be doing the typical SB tiered armor, but we'll take cues from Augmented Armors.

17. ODABUTSU

18. ODABUTSU

You do it? so interested. I want introduce tiered armor in the future. but, i have much work to do.(next, i make a planet and frogman race.)
    So can't state any definite date when will be done.

Hatsya Souji likes this.
  19. bonniefoo

bonniefoo Void-Bound Voyager

20. Hatsya Souji

Hatsya Souji Parsec Taste Tester

Yea. Like if we wanted to increase jump height and running speed, Ningen will have augmentable powered gym uniforms