1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED Ningen Race Mod 1.8a

Human replace and 90+ hairstyles

1. jazari

jazari Scruffy Nerf-Herder

2. DXLelouch

DXLelouch Void-Bound Voyager

nope still broken
    wont work with felins (get the client server error when trying to select felin character)
    i know your mod is the problem too because ponex works just fine with Kawas race mod

Last edited: Dec 24, 2013
  3. ODABUTSU

ODABUTSU Subatomic Cosmonaut

4. DXLelouch

DXLelouch Void-Bound Voyager

now im getting a stack trace error when i try to use kawas felin race mod with yours(doesnt happen when your mod isnt installed)

5. ODABUTSU

ODABUTSU Subatomic Cosmonaut

using the Simple Extended Character Creation?
    if ningen race is a conflict, you must use it.

6. Pohany

Pohany Parsec Taste Tester

i using xbawkschargen32 I have the same error !
    Before the upgrade everything was ok Т__Т

7. Liandra

Liandra Void-Bound Voyager

Love this mod, but I think the mesu045 hair is one pixel too low in the image file, so it isn't aligned properly. Might be intentional, but it seemed that way to me.

8. Klokinator

Klokinator Big Damn Hero

This mod doesn't seem to work with the character extension mod. If it does, maybe I'm doing something wrong, but it seems not to be working for me.

9. Pan-Tsuuu

Pan-Tsuuu Void-Bound Voyager

Ive put the content in SteamApps\common\Starbound\mods but it doesn´t work :( and yes i have ANGRY KOALA

10. Kawa

Kawa Tiy's Beard

I just downloaded the latest release of this mod, just to test it out. The only other character-related mods I have are my Felins and charcreator extender. Since the archive does not contain a root folder, I had to extract to /mods/NingenRaceMod/, something for the author to consider. Even so, it worked absolutely fine right there.

Update: it seems the quests.config and codex.config files are not adjusted for __merge capability and as such will eat other mods' changes.

Last edited: Dec 25, 2013
  11. LekramG

LekramG Pangalactic Porcupine

Really want to use this but the Client error thing is popping up

12. AxelAz

AxelAz Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Couldn't this just be an ad on to the human race? I thought Ningen was the literal translation from Japanese meaning human right? So why couldn't these hair styles and such be just an ad on to the human race? just a thought and it might be harder to do that than just add a new race and tinker with it (I am no expert and have no experience in modding(creating mods))

13. varunax

varunax Big Damn Hero

Ningen race uses different kind of eyes. That's why he didn't replace the normal human.

14. HowellTheBounder

HowellTheBounder Void-Bound Voyager

does this work in vanilla servers?

15. Hatsya Souji

Hatsya Souji Parsec Taste Tester

Ningen speculated backstory:

Ningen are one of mankind's evolutionary offshoots that fled Earth long before the Tentacle Onslaught. These people are mostly of Asian origin, and a handful of Westerners are involved in creating the Ningen race, through implementation of advanced neural technologies onto themselves. To differentiate themselves from the normal humanity, they have crazy hairstyle, bigger eyes, and slower aging.

16. trailblazer57

trailblazer57 Subatomic Cosmonaut

silly question: how many clicks left (or right) on "undy color to get white undies?

since i cant see them when creating it i never get the color i want...white. or ichigo print if thats an option XP

Last edited: Jan 3, 2014
  17. KazanaAoi

KazanaAoi Phantasmal Quasar

Unfortunately the initial color of the underwear is random just like everything else, So theres no correct answer. What I would do is start on the floran or glitch character, and pick a Leaf Color (Floran) or Lights Color (Glitch) and write that down, then create your Human/Ningen and see what color it results in.
    This works (Or should, anyway) because changing between the races alters no options.
    So in essence, by choosing, for example Green (The one between Pink, and Brown) and then creating a Ningen without changing the underwear color, the resulting Underwear color is Black
    So if you do this for each Floran leaf color, or Glitch light color, you can figure out which Leaf/Light corresponds to the Underwear color that you want. :)

I went through the trouble of doing the above for you (And for me, and for anyone else)
    did it with the Floran "Leaf Color" and did it using the Ningen as the test subject (Though the underwear colors -should- apply to any of the humanoid species with underwear, depends on whether or not mod author changed the order in the color palette or added new colors)
    Some colors were guesses, sorry for that, but I did it in order, so if you find the first color, and just cycle through one by one you'll reach the appropriate floran color.

Edit: I did this clicking the Right arrow, so find orange, click right, and it goes to red. Not really important info, but..I figured worthy of a quick edit :)

Leaf Color--Underwear Color.

Orange--Orange
    Red--Yellow
    Pink--Green
    Bright Green--Black
    Brown--White
    Yellow--Grey
    Purple--Pink
    Dark Green--Blue
    Yellow-Green?--Purple
    Teal--Red

Sorry for my terrible explanation, hope this helps :)

Last edited: Jan 6, 2014
  18. KazanaAoi

KazanaAoi Phantasmal Quasar

First, I must say that I love the art and hairstyles. :D Great job.

Suggestions:
    -Would it be possible to change the random name generation to start with capital letters, instead of lowercase? "Hirocho" instead of "hirocho" for example
    -Would it be possible to make this mod more compatible with the "Simple Extended Character Creation" mod? I might just be doing something wrong somehow (Both are simply installed to the /mods folder, as they should be) but with the Ningen Race mod installed, the extended character creation doesnt show up, it appears that the Ningen mod overwrites it. :(

Very good job on the mod so far :)

19. trailblazer57

trailblazer57 Subatomic Cosmonaut

very helpful! thank you much

20. Hatsya Souji

Hatsya Souji Parsec Taste Tester

Say, may I work on the Ningen's exclusive uniforms? Then some backstory later on?

What I have in mind will be a combo of Apex military uniforms and school uniforms of the Japanese. The Tiers 1 to 10 may be Vocaloid-ish in design if ever.