1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED Ningen Race Mod 1.8a

Human replace and 90+ hairstyles

1. trailblazer57

trailblazer57 Subatomic Cosmonaut

i know the update just dropped, but im here to let you know that ningen users crash when attempting the new mech content... i rreally wish chuckle would think about the mods before requiring new cinematics.

2. spiraluna

spiraluna Big Damn Hero

Until the mod is updated, as a workaround you can just copy the teleport_ningen.cinematic file in NingenRaceMod\cinematics\teleport and rename it to deploy_ningen.cinematic.

When you deploy in the mech, it'll play the wrong animation but at least you can continue playing the game in the meantime.

3. trailblazer57

nice but ive been using the steam version of the mod... i cant seem to find the ningenracemod folder at all o_O

4. spiraluna

spiraluna Big Damn Hero

As far as I understand, it should be somewhere within \steamapps\workshop\content\211820. However, which folder I don't know since I believe they're just numbered. Do a file search within that folder for the teleport_ningen.cinematic file, right-click on the file found in the search and select "Open file location" and see if that helps.

Sadly I don't use a Steam version of Starbound and I manually install the mod so not sure if even any of that will help but in either case, good luck! :)

trailblazer57 likes this.
  5. trailblazer57

youve been very helpful but all the things seem to be content.pak i will have to wait for the update/ thanks for all your help

6. Senpai Deviljo

Senpai Deviljo Cosmic Narwhal

What happen to the author for this? I want this mod to be updated so i can use mech. Since it'll crash because a mech animations wasn't implemented yet. :c

7. Albirei

Albirei Phantasmal Quasar

We may have to just drop the mod from our folders if he doesn't show up soon. Also he makes the Kemono mod, so you'll have problems with that one too.

8. trailblazer57

use the steam version there is a "quick patch" made by outside sources. works perfectly.
    same with kemono.
    odabatsu is known for going on hiatus's they have a life too

again use the steam version of ningen and look up "ningen" and you'll find quick patches made by 3rd party modders

9. Senpai Deviljo

I hate going on to steam to get mods for this game. Since, steam mods don't like to be in multiplayer servers. Why couldn't the person put it on here. It's less of a pain.

10. Albirei

Albirei Phantasmal Quasar

Yeah, no. I'm not going to hybridize my mod methods when my multiplayer friends won't do it. It makes no sense, since we still can't play together with different versions. It's also highly inconvenient to bother with two separate sources for modding, and makes troubleshooting incompatibilities more difficult. I will wait for a bit, and if it takes too long, I'll just delete it from my folder.

11. trailblazer57

suit yourselves

12. amirmiked12

amirmiked12 Parsec Taste Tester

guyz.do this mod contents can be used by human race?
    I mean like, weapon, armors and etc?

13. kbs102

kbs102 Void-Bound Voyager

Can some one make a patch for the "mech" problem pls, it makes my game crash everytime i entered my mech

kylegaming10 likes this.
  14. kylegaming10

kylegaming10 Big Damn Hero

I think you should upload the deploy Mech for this mod because i have try to do the Mech quest but i can't do it because it missing the deply_ningen.cinematic file so i hope you can upload it soon

15. kylegaming10

kylegaming10 Big Damn Hero

agree with that

16. Senpai Deviljo

It is patch but its a steam exclusive mod. so you would have to use steam workshop and find it.

17. Mishiro

Mishiro Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I don't think that's neccesary i decided doing things a bit different (and some experimenting), i followed what you told that person to do but instead i copied and paste a backup cinematic file of teleport_ningen.cinematic and copied another one while renaming it as deploy_ningen.cinematic and having it included with teleport_ningen.cinematic

This should look...something like this...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Copy and paste the backup from outside the ningen mods folder and rename it to deploy_ningen.cinematic but you must get it from inside the folder in order to rename it, or else it won't work, in case you mess things up, always make a backup and be sure to have a backup teleport_ningen.cinematic before you can copy and paste it outside make sure you make a backup and put it someplace else where you can remember the last time you put all your files that are important

You guys can finally get the mech and do the quest from akkagy to obtain the basic parts for the mech and also deploy your mechs in various parts of the universe (and planets) you guys have been waiting, remember to reply
    and thank me or even like me and follow me, it was my first time experimenting on files like cinematic and other stuff

Last edited: May 6, 2021
    universalist23 and Hatsya Souji like this.
  18. azurejpg

azurejpg Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Is there any way to just use the clothing and hairstyles in-game? Considering that the ODB2 Character Creation mod for the Ningen Race is outdated and the install link doesn't work, I'd at least like to have the clothing and hairstyles/ maybe even have the Ningen Race directly override the Human Race mod.

19. Vanillarune

Vanillarune Phantasmal Quasar

Use another character creation mod like ACCM, Xbawks character extender or NyaaTech - Yet Another Character Creator.

20. azurejpg

azurejpg Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Okay, thank you!