1. Note: Nightly builds are not officially supported and things that appear broken might actually just be broken with no way of fixing it, but community members may still be willing to assist you with common problems.

Closed [Nightly][Combat] Burning status making enemies invincible.

Discussion in 'Nightly Builds Support' started by Necryel, Aug 16, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Necryel

Necryel Pangalactic Porcupine

I'm currently using a "Precious RockCalamity" 2h uncommon broadsword. It's primary attack afflicts poison status, but the secondary inflicts burning status. I inflict burning status first, subsequent hits to an enemy do not register and inflict no additional damage. Furthermore the enemy continues to be on fire until my character dies, even switching to a different weapon (hero sword) does not cause any effect to an enemy after the broadsword afflicts an enemy with burning status.[DOUBLEPOST=1408220934][/DOUBLEPOST]Further experimentation with the same weapon and stronger enemies has revealed the following:
    Multiple attacks with weapon will cause damage and status.

Invincibilty of monsters occurs when a said monster's HP drops appearantly to zero due to damage from status affect. (in this case either poison or burning) Zero HP via status effect damage for some reason does not trigger monster death. and subsequent hits do not register or affect the monster in any way as it continues to attack and do damage to the player.

Weapon damage itself will cause a creature to die and repeated attacks do have an affect so long as the monster has greater than 0hp. If poison or burning ticks and causes the monster to reach 0hp, the monster survives and becomes immune to all further damage since there are no further HP to subtract from to initiate monster death.

Coordinates: X:80861032, Y: 76487412
    Planet: Beta Lambda Eri 9188 Va

Weapon: Precious RockCalamity, Uncommonbroadsword
    2-handed
    Elements: left-click: poison, Right-click: fire/burning
    DPS: 7
    Swingspeed: 1.20
    Damage per Swing: 6

Last edited: Aug 16, 2014
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.