1. Note: Nightly builds are not officially supported and things that appear broken might actually just be broken with no way of fixing it, but community members may still be willing to assist you with common problems.

Notice Nightly builds not launching? Check here first!

Discussion in 'Nightly Builds Support' started by Dunto, Jul 7, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This isn't even related to the thread, make a separate thread for your issue and include the following:
    • A copy of your starbound.log after recreating the issue
    • Your system specs
    • The version of the game you're running (Stable, Unstable, or NIghtly)

2. hufabio

hufabio Void-Bound Voyager

i got this crash error

Error: Exception raised during Root finishInitialization: (AssetException) Could not read variant value /player.config:humanoidTiming
    StarException::StarException(string, exception)
    AssetException::AssetException(string, exception)
    Assets::variant(String)
    Humanoid::HumanoidTiming::HumanoidTiming(Variant)
    PlayerConfig::playerConfig(Map<String, Variant, unordered_map<String, Variant, hash<String, void>, equal_to<String>, allocator<pair<String, Variant> > > >)
    PlayerFactory::load()
    Root::reload()
    _Function_handler<void (), _Bind<ClientApplication::preSplashInitialization()::{lambda()#1} ()> >::(_Any_data)
    ThreadImpl::runThread(void*)
    BaseThreadInitThunk
    RtlInitializeExceptionChain
    RtlInitializeExceptionChain

3. Interesting, never seen that one before. Can you please provide some reproduction steps and a full copy of your starbound.log file?

4. hufabio

what do you mean by reproduction steps? i turned the starbound.log to txt so i can post it because the reply system didn't let me post it all saying that there was a suspicious url

Attached Files:

5. When I said reproduction steps, i mean what actions did you take right before the error happened. Also are you running any mods or trying to load characters that you've played with mods enabled?

6. hufabio

i had the creative mod installed when i was using the unstable beta, then i turned on the nightly beta and i got an error that i resolved by deleting starbound.config and then i got this error[DOUBLEPOST=1408816493][/DOUBLEPOST]
    and it crashed after the chucklefish logo

7. linkthegamer

linkthegamer Master Astronaut

Did you remove creative mod from your mod folder? Especially now nightlies will not play to kindly with mods.

8. hufabio

yes i deleted the local files and reinstalled starbound

9. Doing the "Delete local content" option in steam won't remove saves, mods, universe files, etc. Make sure you clear those out manually.

hufabio likes this.
  10. thickbudderstick

thickbudderstick Scruffy Nerf-Herder

wait when I tried to play as novakid it had an error and it said no such key in variant::get("defaultWorld")

11. hufabio

so should i delete the entire starbound folder or empty some of the folders?

P.S: nevermind i deleted the creative mod and it now works thanks a lot for oyur help

12. Please see the first post...

Serenity likes this.
  13. thickbudderstick

thickbudderstick Scruffy Nerf-Herder

14. Yanazake

Yanazake Space Kumquat

Yeeeah, reading this with a rested mind does wonders. I was getting more errors after the topic i made, and figured that the saves were "still incompatible" with the new builds. No wonder the devs didn't push a stable update yet. Long way to go towards the "out of beta" release, but the improvements are notable in the nightly builds. :)

15. I'm personally a huge fan of the upgraded Matter Manipulator ^^

16. hufabio

haha me too, at its final stage it almost fell like the matter manipulator from the creative mod ^^

17. TheMostDangerousEmotion

TheMostDangerousEmotion Star Wrangler

Updated this morning. Yesterday looking at the star map just for the planet I started on worked fine. Today the game keeps shutting down on me when I try to do that. I believe the culprit is this:
    Error: Fatal Exception Caught: (MapException) Key 'grasslands' not found in Map::get()

So either chucklefish added some sort of necessary request for a biome that doesn't exist, or they accidentally removed the biome. Which sucks because I just got enough core fragments to fix my thrusters and wanted to find a desert planet to get some more platinum.

18. It's not surprising, they made some serious changes to biome structures, it's likely the old universe violates alot of those changes, best to do a wipe and give it another shot.

19. TheMostDangerousEmotion

TheMostDangerousEmotion Star Wrangler

That fixed it. Though I need to remember to stop putting the client context file in the trash because that helps my ship remember that the teleport works and that it's not busted anymore.

20. thunderleg

thunderleg Master Chief

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.