Digital Nightblue's Starbound Sketch Pad (requests paused)

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by nightblue, Dec 16, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nightblue

nightblue Space Penguin Leader

Edit 2: Pausing incoming requests to digest existing ones a bit! Thanks again for joining in the fun and please continue doing so :) I try to go down the thread in thread order. If you got skipped please shout out in reply with your original request post number. It's the "#???" on top right of the post besides the "Reply" button. This will help me a lot in keeping track, thanks!

Edit: Thank you for all the kind encouragement and participation! Also much appreciate your patience :)

To switch things up a bit and make this more of a real speed painting practice for me, all new requests submitted after post #47 will have a random style. Hope it'll be fun for everybody :)

Hi guys! I've been enjoying the game A LOT, so I've decided to start sketching some fan art toons for the game :)

If you have a cool toon you'd like drawn eventually (please be patient), please reply below with a screenshot. GL HF!

Round 1: Full-on All Chibis, total 22.

Round 2: All-Random All-Mixed (ARAM, hahaha) 30 and going.

Last edited: Jan 23, 2014
  2. The Furreonist

The Furreonist Pangalactic Porcupine

If you want to, you can draw this Glitch bard:
    [​IMG]

3. nightblue

Here goes :)

[​IMG]

artbot345, Jonesy, J_Mourne and 17 others like this.
  4. Komodo1138

Komodo1138 Intergalactic Tourist

Hey, loving your drawing style, would you be able to do this one for me. maybe holding a sword.

Attached Files:

5. Whaleduck

Whaleduck Big Damn Hero

If you got time do you mind maybe drawing my Mad Scientist over here? :3 Wielding two pistols in the name of Science if possible.

6. TroII

TroII Title Not Found

Greetings, I was wondering if you would be up to this one:
    [​IMG]

My thoughts about it is that it is infact a monster, not a human earing a funny helmet. Where the blue parts is the monsters skin and the purple armor is, well, the armor.
    Preferably if possible:, changing the skin to a more menacing looking color(of your choice or keep as is).
    Armor color would be preferred to be a darkend iron look with possibly golden details(just very little if any).
    The head would preferably have the look of a Cyclops, with horns, and the iris of the eye preferably a bright red(or orange).
    Lastly, the edge of the axe should have blood stain on it.

Or just draw it straight as it is, the above is just preference if you are up to it!

7. BBRyuLvl3

BBRyuLvl3 Subatomic Cosmonaut

Here's my character if your interested. I'll post two links for my character.

Alittle info about her as well.
    Her name is Selena Ark
    She's equipped with the Ocean Set and very proficient is using dual blades.
    After exploring the bottom of a frozen sea in the Delta Sector, a strange crystal creature decided to hitch a ride on the back of her armor.
    It's not hostile as far a Selena can tell, since it hasn't breached her armor. In fact it's protected her from melee atacks from behind.

http://i919.photobucket.com/albums/ad34/BBRyuLvl3/SelenaArk_zps7c7c5cac.png

As for the pose, something simple like her standing their with her arms crossed and her swords at her waist.

Attached Files:

8. nightblue

Thar :)

[​IMG]

Jonesy, The | Suit, Coexist and 6 others like this.
  9. Komodo1138

Wow, that looks awesome. Thank you

10. nightblue

Shore :)

[​IMG]

You are very welcome! Glad you like it!

Jonesy, The | Suit, Coexist and 9 others like this.
  11. Komodo1138

Thanks again Nightblue, also I was wondering what app you are using?

12. nightblue

I use photoshop ^_^

13. Whaleduck

Whaleduck Big Damn Hero

like it? I LOVE IT!!! =D

14. epicprivate

epicprivate Guest

do you think you could draw this kick ass bass guitar wizard?
    [​IMG]

15. TurboNutta

TurboNutta Void-Bound Voyager

Oooo nice! Needs moar science!

*hint hint nudge nudge glances meaninfully at avatar pic please and thankyous etc*

EDIT: for more character info, Dirtlicker is really more of a science fan than a true scientist, she got her lab coat in a Apex lab once and thought it made her look important. Her science usually just consists of blasting things with her napalm shotgun, or licking things to see what they taste like :)

Last edited: Dec 18, 2013
    Whaleduck likes this.
  16. The Furreonist

The Furreonist Pangalactic Porcupine

Thank you! It's awesome.

Silvestre likes this.
  17. Silvestre

Silvestre Pangalactic Porcupine

I am digging your style, so cute. Would you make a sketch of my Floran, Grudo in the Cannibal armor? I think it looks really cool!

Here's some reference:

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 23, 2013
  18. Slark

Slark Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I feel bad asking, but is there any way you could take a snap at my avatar? If you're pressed for work that completely fine. Just, ya know, if you feel like it :) Your work is amazing and I absolutely love the art style, so I thought it'd be worth a shot!

19. nightblue

Thanks for all the kind words guys :) post away, just remember that I will be going down the list as time permits ^_^

thar! Hope it's close enough to the description. Did not change skin color because I liked the blue monster. Is that a dudecutter she's holding? I heart dudecutter.

[​IMG]

The | Suit, Coexist, Hotpie and 6 others like this.
  20. Whaleduck

Whaleduck Big Damn Hero

Well we love your work so dont stress yourself :3

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.