1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED Nightar Race 0.3.4

Adds the Nightars, or "The Knights of the Night" as a custom race!

1. iMisterX

iMisterX Big Damn Hero

iMisterX submitted a new mod:

Nightar Race - Adds the Nightars, or "The Knights of the Night" as a custom race!

Read more about this mod...

2. otisjasmodeus

otisjasmodeus Subatomic Cosmonaut

heh, always in the mood for new races, especially when their already this flushed out, ill try a play through as one tomorrow.

3. iMisterX

iMisterX Big Damn Hero

Thank you, i hope you enjoy them! (/^▽^)/

4. iMisterX

iMisterX Big Damn Hero

5. iMisterX

iMisterX Big Damn Hero

6. Assassin001rus

Assassin001rus Void-Bound Voyager

So that's like Cyborg Anime People with strange technologies or what?
    And Why most of the swords are two-handed?

7. iMisterX

iMisterX Big Damn Hero

Nope. I don't wanna spoil much, but they are kinda mutated humans with strange technologies and medieval values.

As for the weapons, well, they are mostly broadswords, which are 2 handed, and this is how most of the weapons you can craft from the vanilla game are, but don't worry about this, i am planing on making a lot more weapons so i will start making some more 1 handed weapons for people who like dual wielding!

8. Assassin001rus

Assassin001rus Void-Bound Voyager

k, that's cool. and one more thing: On the last tiers there's only one set giving 400+% DMG? Are you planning to make more sets for, like, energy ,armor etc.
    And please can you fix/add function for re-coloring armor?

9. iMisterX

iMisterX Big Damn Hero

The race is all about not using technologies in evil stuff and destructive weapons, it focuses more on swords and close combats, which is why there is only one set that was supposed to have stats a little bit higher than the separator sets, that being said, the 400+% damage is totally not intended and i will fix it as soon as possible, thanks for pointing that out!

As for the colors, i will think about it, but it was also intended to match the color themes of the race!

10. iMisterX

iMisterX Big Damn Hero

11. Rao999

Rao999 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I've only been playing Starbound as one other character (an Avali) who has two of the special gems for the ancient arc but when I went to the arc for the first time as my Nightar the first two gems were in place and the two NPCs you get from each quest were there. I'm able to continue the main quest as normal though as I was told by Esther to fix my ship though. It's probably some bug on my end though, I would attach the log file for Iris but, being a loser with computer stuff for the most part, I'm not sure where that's located for this new version. Other than that, I'm really loving how this mod is going!

EDIT:
    I think this is actually just a side effect of having a specific mod as my brother, who doesn't have the Nightar mod, has this bug too though his is even more severe with having all the gems.

Last edited: Aug 11, 2016
  12. iMisterX

iMisterX Big Damn Hero

No man this is not a bug, this is how Chucklefish made the game, the outpost is the same for all character, so if you open the final portal (collect all the crystals), it will stay open for all your other character, and all the npcs in the outpost will stay there.

13. iMisterX

iMisterX Big Damn Hero

14. The God Of Death

The God Of Death Poptop Tamer

Why i can't choose the nightar race :<

15. iMisterX

iMisterX Big Damn Hero

The God Of Death likes this.
  16. RianmakeR

RianmakeR Void-Bound Voyager

I like a good race. Cool mod
    I have a problem. When a character killed game crush when there is a rebirth when not push [Esc]
    I using 37 mods, before checking all disabled.

Maybe in the future UPD to add more hairstyles,
    example Community Hairstyles Pack ore original?
    And option textures for character without tattoos on the face and body - another: female[male]body[head].png 4 files without tattoos. When I try to do it game falls, I do not know how to properly.

17. iMisterX

iMisterX Big Damn Hero

I will look into that bug later.

I am also planing for adding more hairstyles, but not anytime soon, because i got alot of stuff to do now, as for th "tattoos" those are not tattoos, those are like birth marks, And they are what keeps the race kinda different from humans, so i am don't plan on removing them.

18. RianmakeR

RianmakeR Void-Bound Voyager

I do not ask to remove them, I ask to draw and add a couple of files in PNG format. So that they could throw and how to replace options :)

19. Rao999

Rao999 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I have a stupid question: Is it possible for a mod update to wipe universes? When I downloaded this new version by character had vanished. I probably have some other wierd bug on my end though.

20. iMisterX

iMisterX Big Damn Hero

To wipe the universe? no, but if you download a huge mod then remove it, it can corrupt your universe.
    Someone else reported his character disappearing after updating the mod, but i don't know what is happening and I can't make it happen to see what is the issue.