1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

WIP The Vanta Race (currently in alpha)

Discussion in 'Races' started by AbsoluteXeroEX, Mar 6, 2018.

1. AbsoluteXeroEX

AbsoluteXeroEX Phantasmal Quasar

((( Apologies in advance if I didn't post this correctly )))

: : : THE VANTA : : :

-= THE LEGACY OF THE NIGHTARS CONTINUES =-

IMPORTANT: This mod will be a continuation of the Nightar Race mod created by the fantastic @iMisterX, who has given me permission to continue working on it. The current update is still a work in progress, but will be in swing within the near future.

This mod requires a character creation extension mod; the one I use (and cited in the original mod thread):
    http://community.playstarbound.com/resources/kawas-xbawks-mode-character-creator.81/

Currently in-progress:
    • Custom 'frigate' ship used (grayhatgraycat's frigate ship mod was used for this, I will gladly revert to the original if they wish for me to remove those assets)
    • Fixed a small bit of the AI's portrait set
    • Graphics for weapons and armors have been updated (armors for tiers 1-4 no longer look like pseudo-Glitch armor sets)
    • Appropriate Accelerator, Manipulator, and Separator sets for Tiers 5-6
    • Custom ingredients for armor/weapon crafting
    • Revamped codex entries
    • New fuel type for ships, new biome added that makes this fuel gatherable (added recipes for both fuel types to be crafted into respective Fuel Cells)
    • Nightfort mission is disabled, pending overhaul
    • New starter treasure

(Planned) Future updates:
    • (MAYBE) Some cosmetic tweaks to existing gear
    • New weapons
    • Expanded lore
    • Species-specific micro-dungeons

Other Notes:
    I've retained the original assets to be included with this because, well... they're going to be handy for later~
    Also, due to the original assets being merged into Frackin' Universe, this version will be incompatible with it. You still have the option of playing a Nightar character with Frackin', but this mod is geared more towards vanilla-based gameplay that should mesh well enough with many other mods.

Last edited: Jul 8, 2019
    Dragonax and Cryptoid like this.
  2. Dragonax

Dragonax Void-Bound Voyager

I am happy that someone decided to revive my favourite race mod.

I'll be waiting for future updates. :nuruhappy:

AbsoluteXeroEX likes this.
  3. AbsoluteXeroEX

Eyy, sorry for the lack of updates. I actually had a working version of the mod up here and on SteamWorkshop, but I took it down to do an overhaul from the bottom-up. There's going to be a LOT of new things added into it, and I wanted to make sure I had all the ducks at least in the same pond, if not in a row, lol.

Also, as a general note, this version will be incompatible with FU due to the original assets being merged into the FU core mod at-large, so if you already have FU, you've got the option of creating a Nightar character with that instead! This will be more vanilla-based and will have extra bits associated with it that are exclusive to having them apart from the other races (such as the ingredients used for weapons/armors/etc.)

Dragonax likes this.
  4. AbsoluteXeroEX

Sorry for the lack of updates everyone; I had a major life shift back in October and I've been hard-pressed to actually find some time to sit down and work on this. That being said, I have NOT abandoned the mod, and will work to find some time when I'm not so busy to get an initial release out. Thank you all for your patience and understanding!

Dragonax and Saint Apollyon like this.